5.

seungmin swore to all the bunnies above, he had made sure to hide the flower crown jungsu had made for him well enough for his parents not to find it.

obviously, he knew he would get in a great trouble if his parents had found the crown. and seungmin wanted to keep the flower crown to himself for probably the rest of his life and never throw it away. as, looking at it brought the only happy memory to him and made him remember what it actually felt to be happy.

he had made sure to place it in the furthest corner of his closet, his parents should not even have considered looking there. and he knew, was almost sure that it was the safest place for the flower crown not to be damaged nor seen by anyone.

so why was the crown now placed on the small glass table in the living room, while his mother was sitting there, with furrowed eyebrows, hands crossed in front of her chest and looking at him as if she was boring holes straight through his soul.

w-what?❞ seungmin looked at his mother with fear deeply written in his eyes. he was about to go to university, walking to the kitchen to grab something to eat quickly before leaving and was met with this very heavy atmosphere in the living room and it honestly scared him so much. he already could guess, what it would be about and what would possibly be happening. yet, he tried to think that it was nothing much and his mother would just brush it off, not tell him anything. and his morning would go well. oh, and the flower crown, well, it probably was similar to the one jungsu had made for him and it was actually not his.

seungmin inhaled deeply, closing his eyes for a short second, waiting for his mother to do something. okay, maybe he was overreacting now and it was not something serious at all. he was just thinking this way because he was so much used to his parents yelling at him and hurting him.

yeah, it most definitely was nothing serious and he could just walk to the kitchen very calmly and get his breakfast.

oh seungmin.

or not.

the said boy, turned around, facing his mother once again. definitely this was not good. he kind of didn't even know what to expect from her this early in the morning. he could feel his heartbeat rising up and knew, the stare from his mother was not leading anywhere nice.

mind explaining, what the fuck is this.❞ his mother stood up, very, very slowly, grabbing the flower crown while doing so, then, rising the hand up in which she was holding the crown.

seungmin took a step back as he didn't want for his mother to get too close to him. yet, she kept walking with slow steps towards him.

say something!❞ seeing that the boy kept being silent, his mother yelled at him. ❝what the fuck is this!?❞ she brought her other hand up, slapping her son.

the sound of her hand coming in contact with seungmin's cheek was loud, echoing through the living room and making the poor boy hiss in pain. he brought his hand up, covering his face, in fear of his mother hurting him and slapping him again.

where the fuck did you get this from!?❞ the woman yelled loudly grabbing seungmin by his collar. ❝why aren't you saying anything? is this what you are doing instead of studying!? you are lying to us? wasting your time on stupid things like this and think you can fool us!? how dare you!❞ the woman took a hold of seungmin's hand, that was still covering his face and with a harsh move made him remove his hand from his face.

seungmin was holding his tears back. his cheek was burning from the slap he had just received and the nails digging in his skin were making it even worse now. he didn't know how long would he be able to take it. he couldn't understand, what was so bad about it. it was just a flower crown, nothing much at one glance. sure, his mother was right. he really did lie to them and didn't go to the library that certain day, but hopefully they didn't know about it.