4 • Forth of July Margaritas ????

The forth of July was a special day in Cousins every year. This year however, was different. Usually, all the dads would come over and spend the day with us. But this year, it was harder. My dad had a new girlfriend, and Susannah's ex-husband was... difficult to say the least. Him and Conrad had a bad relationship.

Me and my dad don't get along well either. We never really have. However, this summer was different. I had other plans. I was going to go to the beach with Belly and spend the day tanning. But of course, those plans were ruined.

"BELLY! STEVEN! ELLIE!" My mom shouted through the house. I got out of my bed and walked down the stairs confused. "Mom? What is it?" I asked concerned to why she was yelling. I turned the corner and saw them. My dad and his new girlfriend...

"Oh..." my mood shifted. Steven ran in and hugged dad. "Dad! I didn't know you were coming!" Steven said excitedly. Belly smiled and hugged him as well. "Can I have a hug, Ellie?" He asked me.

I couldn't believe this... I turned around and walked back to my room. Plans. Are. Ruined.

About ten minutes later I was interrupted in my thoughts by a knock on my door. "Dad if it's you I don't wanna talk right now." I said. "It's me." I heard Jeremiah's voice from outside the door. "Oh. Come in." I smiled to myself.

"Hey, you okay?" He asked and sat down beside me. "Yeah... I just... I hate seeing him with her." I admitted. "I get it." Jeremiah said. I nodded slowly and looked at him.

We stared at each other for a while. Jeremiah had the most beautiful eyes. His eyes were like the ocean. I got lost in them. I looked at his lips. Everything about him made me smile.

We both caught ourselves leaning in but didn't stop it. Our lips crashed together and we kissed. His lips tasted like cherry.

He was the first one to break the kiss. "Why'd you stop?" I asked him. "If I didn't, it never would have." He smiled. I laughed and rested my head on his chest.

"Is your dad here too?" I asked him. "Yeah... Conrad's giving him a hard time." He frowned slightly. I grabbed his hand. "Just give them time." I said. He nodded slightly. He kissed my hand and held it to his chest. "I've always wanted this." He said quietly. "Your not the only one." I smiled slightly.

"Hey, Jere?" Conrad bursted in the room. "Oh..." me and Jeremiah jumped. "What happened to knocking?" Jeremiah said a tiny bit aggravated. "Your step moms making us Margaritas." He said. "She's not my step mom." I gave him a look. "Can't say no to margaritas!" Jeremiah grabbed my hand and practically dragged me down the stairs. I rolled my eyes and laughed.

All us kids walked down to the beach with our margaritas. "Your step moms cool." Taylor, Belly's friend said while sipping on her drink. "She's not my step mom!" I was getting really annoyed. "Okay! Sorry!" She said exaggerating, her and Belly sharing a laugh.

I had around three margaritas before I started to get a bit tipsy. Jeremiah and Conrad only had one. I could feel Jeremiah's eyes on me that whole night.

"Let's go swimming!" Belly yelled, clearly a bit drunk. "Yes!" I jumped up and we ran back to the house.

After I got changed I opened my door but was faced with Jeremiah. "Oh hey! You coming swimming with us?" I asked him. "Are you sure that's a good idea?" He asked. I kissed him quickly. "Yes! Come on!" I dragged him downstairs.

We all ran to the beach and hopped in the water. This summer was the best summer yet!