19 • You Embarrassed Me ????️

The next morning I woke up to loud commotion. "Get up Belly, we're leaving." It was my mom.

"No, no, no, we can't." Belly started to cry. At this point Jeremiah woke up and heard everything. I'm sure everyone in the house did.

"You don't understand." Belly sobbed. "No, I don't understand." My mom yelled back at her. "You've been lying to me for days!" She was clearly upset. "Well, Jeremiah and Conrad, they-they needed my help, and I didn't know how to tell you." Belly said trying to explain to her.

"There is no excuse. None!" My mom yelled. "I really hope last night was worth it, because I am so done with you." My mom said. "Mom, we didn't come here to party. It just happened. We-we came here... we came here for Susannah..." Belly really tried to get through to her.

"Stop it! I can't stand to hear you use her as an excuse one more time!" My mom was clearly upset with Belly. "You can't stand me period!" Belly snapped back. "Ever since her funeral, you have been so angry with me!" She yelled at mom. "What do you want me to say?" My mom asked.

"That you embarrassed me? That you made that day all about you when it was supposed to be about Susannah?" Now she was getting out of hand.

"Yes! Yes!" Belly cried. "I know you hate me for it, okay? But you will never hate me as much as I hate myself." Belly sobbed.

"Come on!" My mom said disgusted. "We are not doing this here. Let's go." My mom tried to grab her. "I'm not going anywhere." Belly pulled away.

"No! No! The only mistake I made was thinking that you could help. Susannah would never forgive you for abandoning her boys. She would never even believe-" she was cut off by a slap in the face. I gasped quietly. "Belly..." my moms face was full of regret.

"Mom..." I walked in with tears forming in my eyes as Belly ran off. "What the fuck is wrong with you." I said before running after Belly.

I left my mom tearing up in the room. I felt bad but I understood what Belly said. I had to go find her...