12 • I Need You ????❤️‍????

Cousins has always been special to everyone. But since Susannah died, nobody has been there.

Summer just started and it feels different. Worse. It's not the same. It never will be. Not without her. I couldn't grasp that. I couldn't step back into that house without her.

Jeremiah hasn't talked to me since the night of the party. He's distant. I don't know what I said, but I regret it even though I don't know what I did or said.

Everyone who I used to love has pushed me away. It's no longer the same anymore. The family was torn apart. I couldn't handle it. Change is the worse.

🌸🌼🌸🌼🌸🌼🌸🌼🌸🌼🌸🌼🌸🌼

Jeremiah's POV

I got a text the other day from one of Conrad's friends saying he was missing. Saying he up and left one night, not coming back. I was worried. Conrad's never done this before. He would tell someone.

Me and Belly met up at the campus where he went to school and couldn't find him. Clearly Belly was upset. I didn't blame her. They loved each other. It was obvious.

"Belly, it's going to be okay. We'll find him." I said to her, trying to calm her nerves. She took a deep breath, "I'm just worried, Jere. What if something happened?" I sighed, "He's Conrad. He'll be fine." I wasn't sure if that was true, but it seemed to calm Belly's anxiety.

All the sudden, I had a thought. "Wait, the summer house! What if he went there?" I blurted out. Belly lightened up, "I mean, it doesn't hurt to look." She said. I nodded.

🌸🌼🌸🌼🌸🌼🌸🌼🌸🌼🌸🌼🌸🌼

Ellie's POV

So many thoughts raced through my head. But one thing I couldn't stop thinking about was the boys. Where they were, how they were. It worries me.

The boys have always played a huge part in my life. They always supported me. Especially Jeremiah. God, how much I loved him...

My phone dinged. I looked down. It was a text from Jeremiah.

Jere ❤️ - "Hey. Conrad's missing. Me and Belly are headed to Cousins. Do you think you could meet us here? I need you..."

Me - "Of course. I'll be there within the hour! Don't worry, we'll find him."

Jere ❤️ - "Thank you! 🫶🏻"

I had to get there as soon as I could. I grabbed my car keys and ran out of the house as fast as I could.

The drive felt long. I couldn't stop thinking about Jeremiah. "I need you", he hasn't said that to me since we were kids when Susannah first got cancer. My heart felt hurt and healed at the same time.

Someone needed me...