14 • What Do We Do? ????

"I can't believe this. This is ridiculous!" Conrad said full of hatred. "Woah, what happened?" I asked, everyone walking in the room behind me.

"My dad won't let us have access to the money." He said fuming. "What? That's our money. How can he do that?!" Jeremiah got angry. I've never seen him get angry with his father before. Ever.

All the sudden the doorbell rang. Conrad answered it. "Aunt Julia?" He was clearly upset. "Hey, Conrad. Long time no see." She walked right in. "What do you think your doing here?" Jeremiah spoke up. "There's an open house tomorrow. I need to prep the house." She announced.

We all stood there in shock. "You've got to be fucking kidding me!" Jeremiah was beyond angry. "How can you do this? You know how much this place meant to Susannah." I asked her. How could she? Susannah was her sister. How can she do this to her? This was Susannah's magical place and Julia knew that.

"I know your all angry, but I can't afford to keep this place." Julia argued. "What about us? Why can't we buy it?!" Conrad asked. "I can't explain this to you Conrad. Your gonna have to call your dad. He's the one who arranged this." Julia said.

I shook my head in disbelief. How is this happening? How can Adam do this to them? He knows how much this house means to the boys, and us...

"You can't have an open house." Conrad said strictly. "Conrad, it's happening whether you like it or not. I'm sorry but there's nothing you can do." She said. "I don't believe that." Conrad said before walking off, not wanting to spend another single second near her.

"You're not selling this house." Jeremiah said before also storming away. Steven and Taylor stood in silence not knowing what to do. I ran after Jeremiah, while Belly ran after Conrad, per usual...

"Jere?" I knocked on his bedroom door. I walked in. He laid on his bed, tears falling down his cheeks. I sat down beside him, "What do we do, El?" He asked me. I had no idea. "I don't know..." I said, I couldn't help him. I was fresh out of ideas.

He pulled me down into a snuggle. "I can't loose this place, El. I can't." He cried. "Me neither, Jere. Me neither..."