27 • It'll Get Easier ❤️‍🩹🏡

It's been a few days since we've moved into the beach house. A few painful days. My nerves were off the charts. I couldn't sleep very well, I couldn't stop my mind from wandering.

"Ellie?" I heard Jeremiah's voice, I was awake at two in the morning. "You scared me." I held my hand over my heart, feeling it race a little bit.

"Sorry. Why aren't you sleeping?" He asked in a groggy voice, as if he had just woke up. "I can't." I admitted. "Why not?" He asked, turning to me confused. "I can't stop thinking." A tear ran down my cheek, causing Jeremiah to notice. "It's hard..." I stuttered. "Being in her room. Her house."

"I know." He snuggled up to me. "I don't understand. Why her?" I cried into his arms. "I don't know..." I felt a tear of his hit my forehead. I raised my head and wiped his tears, "It'll get easier." He said to me. I kissed him, and he kissed my forehead, "I promise."

🌸🌼🌸🌼🌸🌼🌸🌼🌸🌼🌸🌼🌸🌼🌸

The next morning, I woke up to the birds singing through the window. "Jere?" I rolled over, but he wasn't there. "Jere??" I sat up. I walked down stairs and looked out the window. He sat on the beach, he looked sad.

All the sudden, I felt this huge wave of nausea. I ran as fast as I could to the washroom, vomiting up last nights meal.

"Fuck..." I said to myself, grabbing my stomach as my body shook. I unpacked a box of toilet paper and wiped my mouth. "Disgusting." I muttered to myself before getting up off the floor.

I walked into the kitchen slowly, starting to feel a bit better. I sat down on the bar stool and drank some juice. I held my stomach just in case but felt better as I drank. "Morning babe." Jeremiah kissed the back of my head.

"Morning." I smiled slightly. "I saw you down by the beach. You know, if this is too hard for you, we can book a hotel room." I put my hand on his arm. "It's alright. I need to push through this." He said.

I nodded sadly, letting go of his arm. "Hey, are you alright? You look pale." He felt my forehead. "I'm fine. It's probably just the flu." I smiled slightly. He nodded, "I'm gonna pick up some medicine at the pharmacy. Okay?" He ran his hand down my hair. "Okay." I smiled. "I'll be back soon." He said before leaving out the door.

I'm sure it was just the flu...