Chapter 9 : Stormie

Chapter 9

Riker POV    

I used the bathroom and then wiped the blood on my forehead one more time. I slowly walked out of the airport and sat on one of the benches out front.

All I could focus on was the glass stinging my skin and my head that was pounding. It almost made me feel sort of nauseous.

I was lost in my own thoughts when suddenly Stormie was standing in front of me.

"Riker, what happened to you?"

I started crying again.

"Come on. Let's get you to the hotel," she said, taking my suitcase for me.

We walked about 3 blocks down the road and walked into a hotel. She led me upstairs and let me inside of her room. I could see Ross asleep in one of the beds and the tv was on quietly in the background.

Stormie put my suitcase down and brought me into the bathroom. She had me sit on the counter.

"Now tell me what happened to you," she said, getting a first aid kit out.

"Um..."

"Your dad said you were visiting your mom."

"Yeah... Well she had a drunk boyfriend and he sort of... threw empty bottles at me..."

"That's awful! Are you ok?"

"Um... I think so. But everything really hurts."

"I know. Once I get the glass out, you'll start feeling better."

She cleaned the gash on my forehead and put some bandaids over it. And then she started picking the glass out of my arms with tweezers. It really hurt because she was kind of digging around to get all the tiny pieces of glass. She was probably doing it for a half an hour before she was finally finished. She cleaned my arms, which burned kind of bad, and then bandaged them up, and bandaged my hands up too.

"Ok, let's do your knees. Do you have shorts you can change into?"

"Yeah," I said, quietly.

I got down from the counter and went into my suitcase. I grabbed my shorts and then went back to the bathroom. I untied my sneakers and took them off. I went to take my jeans off next, but it started hurting my knees really bad. My jeans were pushing and pulling on the shards of glass in my knees.

I tried to go slow and be gentle, but it was hurting so bad that I started crying again.

Stormie started helping me by trying to keep my jeans away from my skin as best as she could. I finally got them off and put my shorts on. Stormie helped me sit up on the counter again.

I wiped my tears and tried not to focus on her picking out the glass with tweezers again. I could literally feel the blood dripping down my legs. My knees felt like they were on fire, they were burning so bad.

After what seemed like forever, Stormie finally got all the glass out, cleaned my knees, which burned even more than before, and bandaged them up.

"Now how are you feeling?" Stormie asked me.

"Um... A little better. I have a headache though..."

Stormie gave me some tylenol and a bottle of water, so I took it. She helped me get down from the counter again.

"Do you think you'll be able to sleep?" She asked.

"Yeah, maybe... Thank you for helping me tonight."

"Honey, of course. You don't need to thank me. I'm sorry you got so hurt at your mom's house."

She pulled me into a hug and I started crying again. I couldn't even control my emotions anymore. I was just so tired at this point.

Stormie helped me get into the other bed and pulled the covers over me.

"You wake me up if you need anything, ok?" She asked.

"Ok."

She turned off the lights and then got into bed beside Ross. I shut my eyes and turned on my side, sighing.

I just know my dad is going to say he told me so when I get back. And for once, I'm really thankful for Stormie. I don't know what I would've done if she wasn't here. I probably would've just slept at the airport in a chair or something. I don't know what I would've done about all the glass though.

I'm just so upset about this whole trip.

I tried to focus on the tv instead of my own thoughts and eventually fell asleep.