•Unfortunate•

HAPPY READING
(EDITED FINALLY)
~~~

"Miss Aria, I've been instructed to hand you this," an older lady in a cleaning dress interrupted my precious beauty rest to hand me something.

She held out a neatly tucked envelope, and without hesitation, I snatched it from her grasp, annoyed that she had interrupted my dream.

As soon as the lady left, I eagerly tore open the paper, the sound echoing through my room. Inside, I found a little note that read:

Aria,

Due to an urgent business complication, you will wake up alone in the house today. For your safety, Ethan has been instructed to stay and look after you.

If there are any problems, call this number                  xxx-xxx-xxx

-David

My eyes scanned the letter one too many times. I would be alone with Ethan? He's been nothing but a problem and an asshole. Of course, David leaves me with the one person I can't stand.

Why wouldn't he leave me here with Riley and Gracie? I would've been fine even if I had to be here alone. Do I really need protection?

I continued questioning David's decision whilst slowly waking up, sitting up straight in bed. Today was going to be long, I thought I would've already been at that cafe the twins told me about.

Pushing myself to my feet, I stumbled my way to the small en suite.

Although small and lacking color, the en suite was my own sanctuary. I'm grateful to have escaped all of that back home.

I slipped out of my silk pajamas and stepped into the steamy hot shower. The water drenched my hair and left my skin a rosy hue.

I wondered what awaited me for today, what turn of events would turn my life around? Will I even see Ethan? Do I want to see Ethan?

I shook the thoughts away and finished getting ready.

~~~

My sock covered feet tiptoed down the stairs, I knew if not for the fabric between me and the tiles my legs would fall off from the cold.

The house was eerily quiet, not a sound to be heard. Curiosity pushed me to explore and familiarize myself with my surroundings. If I'm staying with a Mafia family who could kill me in my sleep I would like to know where the closest exit would be.

I knew that the possibility of dying at the hands of Gracie or Riley was slim, but I didn't know any of them very well.

Getting to the bottom of the stairs, I took in the plain beauty I saw.

The house had an impressive feel, with marble everywhere and a stunning chandelier above. Leather couches were left untouched by the curved stairway. It could use a remodel, but it had a Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson vibe. I guess it's not that bad. Especially for a Mafia home.

As I ventured through the hallway, I discovered various doors, a spacious kitchen, and a large table fit for the entire Mafia. I approached a partially open door on the left, begging me to take a peek.

Stepping inside, I found a room that wasnt small but it definately wasn't big either. A smaller table sat between neglected chairs, while scattered paperwork covered every surface. It gave off an eerie vibe, it reminded me of my fathers office.

Finding myself bored, I turned and headed upstairs again to look for more doors.

I explored until I came across a bedroom located next to mine.