•Truth•

I hope everyone is enjoying so far, dw, things are abt to get hectic.
ENJOY
(edited)
~~~

Here we stood, facing our drowsy mafia boss in the dead of night. It may not have been the lastest hours for David, but for Ethan and me, standing shoulder to shoulder, it felt like an eternity had passed.

"So... you two killed someone?" David yawned, struggling to piece together the events that had unfolded.

Both Ethan and I nodded.

"You two should leave. Atleast... in the morning. I don't know, go somewhere for a couple of weeks. It'll give you a chance to escape from all of this," David suggested, his voice laced with exhaustion.

"I don't want to go anywhere, especially not with her," Ethan stated firmly, sending a dirty glance in my direction. I shot him a disapproving look.

"Ethan, I thought I was paying you to protect her?" David retorted sarcastically, causing Ethan to lower his head.

"I'm not going alone with Ethan. Can I atleast take the twins with me?" I asked politely, hoping that we could turn this into a road trip for all of us.

"Sure, do whatever you want. Ethan, you can bring Harry and Julien as well," David replied dismissively, waving us away from his office once again.

Silence fell soon us while we walked back towards our rooms. Only the sound of our footsteps and the smell of sleep filled our senses.

He grabbed my arm gently. Turning me to face him. We were now stopped infront of his door.

"Are you okay?" he quietly asked me. He wasn't mean, and this time he communicated that.

He looked sweet, worried. This was definately a new side to Ethan that I have never seen before.

"When did you become so caring?" I asked him, laughing. He wasn't impressed, but not irritated either. He seemed much more... serious.

"Aria, are you okay?" He repeated himself. My smiled faded.

"Yes Ethan, i'm okay. Why?" I finally replied. Scrunching my nose in confusion.

He wasn't spiteful. He didn't seem to hate me as he usually did. He only seemed genuine. Which is why his words had more of an effect on me then it should have.

I watched him exhale deeply, as if he had been holding his anxiety.

"Don't worry about it." he quickly shut off the conversation, he walked to his room and closed the door behind him. Leaving me stranded in the corridor.

I wont lie, this hurt me. He seemed as though he wanted to finally be nice, and yet something held him back. Why?

~~~

The morning went smoothly. Riley, Gracie and I each packed a bag together. The day had flew, and we ended up at our destination in what felt like minutes, even when we were an hour away from the mansion.

We had planned to rent an AirBnB for two weeks. The three boys were already there. They had picked their own rooms on the left side of the house, leaving the girls and I to the right side.

"I can't remember the last time I had a a holiday. This is going to be so fun!" Gracie squealed, ranting once again.

"Hey, is that my shirt?" Riley asked Gracie when she pulled out a top that was definately not hers.