•Dare•

(edited)
Tw: Panic attack
~~~

It had been almost a week since we arrived at the AirBnB, and the days seemed to pass by in a blur.

We spent most of our time together, enjoying the luxury of the pool just outside the house. The laughter and conversations flowed freely in the living room, where we shared stories and created memories.

Surprisingly, Julien and Riley had managed to forgive each other. They danced together during every song we played at night, reflecting their newfound peace between them.

Harry and Gracie, on the other hand, seemed to bicker like siblings most of the time. But other than their playful arguments, they would also dance, their infectious smiles spreading happiness to everyone in the room.

As for Ethan and me, it was a surprise that we hadn't fought. It seemed that we had developed a level of tolerance for each other.

Although I could still feel the occasional glare from his side of the room, it no longer bothered me as it used to.

The morning sun streamed through a crack in the window, casting a warm glow in the kitchen as I buttered my toast.

My family-owned Mafia were after me. Yet even on the run, I had found a place in which I can be content. A place that I could finally pay attention to the sun in the morning, or the love blossoming from my friends.

I snagged the bread into my mouth, wiping the crumbs off from my hands onto my pants. I headed toward the lounge room, where two of my friends played and joked.

"That's not funny!" Gracie exclaimed, laughing her head off. She was laughing at Riley, who, reminisced a story.

"It is!" Riley responded, still laughing at the both of them.

When they finally realised I was there, they shuffled down the couch, leaving me a place to sit.

"You feelin' better? You know, after your parents and everything?" Gracie asked me. Thoughout our short friendship, we have never talked about it. I figured, now is the time.

I hesitated before awnsering "I think so, i'd rather be here than there so..."

"We're very glad you're here" Riley grabbed my hand, intwining her fingers with mine. She smiled brightly at me, and i returned the gesture.

"Im so happy I met you two" I confessed to them, yet it was very sappy.

"Awwww" Gracie basically jumped on the other side of me, since she felt left out.

The both of them hugged me tightly and I returned the embrace.

I meant every word, they were everything to me. The short time that I had known them felt like years. I had the urge to tell them everything that has ever happened to me.

Gracie rubbed my head playfully, messing up my hair.

"Ugh, now I have to fix that!" I giggled at her antics and the two of them laughed back.

I got up abruptly and headed to the bathroom, leaving the door open behind me.

~~~

I fixed my hair, leaning over the mirror to touch up my mascara.

"Haven't seen you in a while," Ethan's voice startled me from behind, sending a shiver down my spine.