3

We all stepped into the house and I glanced at Dakota and smirked at how weird they all looked in our tiny farm house.

April suddenly spoke up. "Um, where are our rooms?"

Dad laughed strongly. "Rooms? No. We don't have enough in this house, you'll be sleeping out near the paddock..."

Calum walked into the room, slowly he glanced over at Dakota and she blushed, it was a bit weird, they really like each other but they won't get together because Kota is my best friend and Cal is my brother. I wish they would just officially get together so I don't have to watch them have secret glances, it's really gross.

Calum spoke "But don't worry, we'll be there with you."

Then I spoke up, "You'll need to set up the tents down near the paddock so you guys can fence."

"Fence?" A familiar voice announced. I looked over at April. She looked so confused and I laughed silently.

Dad took it from there, "Putting up the fence for the new pack of sheep coming. And some other jobs too."

"Right..." Chase said. "Ok. Um. When do we leave?" 

"According to my watch..." I said glancing down at my bare wrist, "Now."

I looked up to see Chase smile to himself and I blushed.

Mum got out the tents and announced, "We only have three tents so you have have to work out who is sharing."

April spoke up, "I'm not good with sharing, can I be by myself?"

Mum nodded and chucked her a tent.

"Cal and Dakota?" They nodded and caught a tent.

"So I guess that leaves Sky and Chase..."

I blushed. Butterflies raced in my stomach, I was going to be sharing a tent with the hottest guy in the world.

+++

We all set out to the campsite, usually we would drive the ute down but Mum was using it. We  trudged out in the hot sun. We walked in silence for a while until April spoke up.

"So we are gonna be here for a while. And I don't know about you, but I wanna know who the hell everyone is. So... 10 Questions?"

I shrugged. "Okay."

Everyone nodded. April smiled "So I'll start. Lets start off with something simple, what's your all time favourite song?"

"Welcome To The Black Parade." Chase said.

Oh my gosh. He knew My Chemical Romance. I nodded with approval, the song was about death. It was dark, but it had so much to it.

"I love that song, but my favourite song is Forever Young." I said quickly.

"Agh that song is so good, the lyrics are amazing!" He replied and I blushed.

"My favourite line is 'heaven can wait, we're only watching the skies'.'" I announced, not really thinking about the fact that I was talking to a beautiful man.

"Hoping for the best, but expecting the worst." He replied back, matching the words exactly. I grinned like an idiot. Maybe it wouldn't be so bad having people stay...

Hoping for the best but expecting the worst

I said in my head, humming the song.

"Well mine is 'Toxic' by Brittany Spears." April said proudly as we all groaned.

"Cal and I have the same favourite song don't we?" Kota said as she nudged Calum.

"Yeah we like 'Riptide'." Cal finished for her.

"Okay my turn for a question..." Dakota bit her lip, thinking hard. "What's your biggest fear?"

"Jeez, we only just met." Exclaimed Chase.

"Mhm. Good observation." Replied Dakota, not bothered in the slightest about anyone judging her.

"Death." Chase replied in a monotone voice.

"Huh? Why?" April asked curiously.

"Well I mean, how do we know what happens after you die? You could just be dead, there might not be an afterlife. Just nothing."

I silently agreed, death scared me too. I mean, if you can just live I guess you can just die.

"Snakes." Calum said, shuddering. I laughed and he glared at me.

April shook her head, "Being buried alive is my fear, that's so much scarier."

"My biggest fear is not achieving everything I want in life." Dakota said quietly and I squeezed her arm, she had a huge bucket list and she wanted to do everything on it.

"Well mine is losing everyone." I mumbled and glanced at Chase and saw him smile slightly. "My go." I continued, "Best memory."

April quickly butted in, "My best memory was when I was 12 and I went to the zoo with my best friend. We saw all the animals and we fed the giraffes, and I don't know. It was just a good day."

"Mine was the day it rained after the drought." Calum grinned, and continued. "It had been dry for ages and we had almost given up hope. I was outside and I felt a drop of rain on my hand. Best drop of rain ever." He laughed, and gestured for me to go.

"It was a hot night." I began, feeling the words flow out of my mouth. "And I was sitting out on the porch by myself. And I don't know why, but it was so peaceful. I felt so happy, like I was floating. For no particular reason, and I was patting Rusty. I think everyone else was asleep." I paused, remembering the moment. "And I stood up from where I was sitting and I ran out into the paddock with my phone and ear phones and I listened to music until I was tired."

I looked around sheepishly, and blushed quickly. Why the hell did I say that?! I heard Calum holding in a laugh and I looked at my shoes.

"That's beautiful." April said, mesmerised. I blushed even more and asked Dakota what hers was.

"When I was in your room." She nodded towards me, "And we couldn't stop laughing about that stupid dance we made up. There were tears in my eyes from laughter."

I bursted out laughing at that, we had put swimming caps on our heads and we were dancing to Stayin' Alive. I saw everyone staring at Dakota and I laughing and I but my lip, trying to stop myself. Kota nudged me and did a move from the dance we made and I lost it again, laughing my head off. Finally we calmed down.

"Mine was when Mum last took me out to dinner." Chase said quietly and looked over at me, I looked away.

A/N: How do you think Chase and Skylar will get on in a tent together ?

Xx