13

The days flew past quickly. With laughter and songs, the work didn't seem as hard. I had tried to talk to Chase about his Dad, but each time he pushed the subject away.

Chase and I were milking the cows, and collecting eggs. An easy work day. I watched as he concentrated on not dropping the eggs, his eyebrows were furrowed and he stuck his tongue out slightly to the side. I giggled and stood up, placing a small kiss on his cheek.

He quickly dropped the eggs.

"Ah! Blue!"

"What?" I asked innocently, fluttering my eye lashes.

"You can't just do that!"

"Do what?"

"Kiss me without warning."

"Okay. Next time I'll give you warning."

"Thankyou." He laughed, picking up the next load of eggs and carrying them over to the house.

"Imgoingtokissyou." I rushed out and pressed my lips against his.

Chase POV

Her lips against mine just felt right, it felt like, magic. I dropped the eggs again.

Gosh Chase what the hell has this girl done to you, you have only known her for 2 weeks.

Quickly I remembered that I can't like her, I can't. I can't let her like me. I have too many secrets, secrets that she shouldn't have to carry she doesn't deserve that. I pulled away quickly. She giggled nervously, her smile was amazing.

"That was nice." She laughed, touching my noes. I looked into her eyes, blue as the ocean.

"It was okay." I said, trying to get her away, I can't let her like me. Her face was full of hurt.

What the hell Chase? Good work on making a girl you like feel shit.

"Sorry." She said, obviously hurt. Then she looked at me, in the eyes. "Sorry." She said again, harshly, with no sympathy.

"You know, usually when someone cares about you, you don't push them away." She took a breath. "But I guess that's what you do." She continued.

"Yeah. It is." I replied bluntly.

What the hell Chase. What is wrong with you!?!

"Yeah, well I'm going to work with April today. You seem the kind to be on your own." She snarled, her blue eyes bright, as she climbed back onto her horse, riding off.

Her brown hair flew out behind her and her small waist moved up and down as the horse moved.

She's right though, I do throw people away.

I began milking the cows alone. This was going to be a long day.

+++

Skylar POV

I was mad. No, I was furious, I pulled the horses reins enforcing it to go faster, I wanted to get as far away from that dickhead as possible, I tried to make it look like I didn't care about his comment, but I did. Kissing him was magic and to him it was nothing.

Why was the horse going so fucking slow!? I hit, harder than I was supposed to hit a horse. It bolted, shocked by the action. My heart pumped, adrenaline rushing through me.

It went in slow motion, I fell. I saw the ocean, swirling around me. Pain shot through my head and my head felt heavy and I tried to get up but my mind spun, circling around and around. I lay down

+++

Time: 6:45pm

Chase POV

I was getting tired, for the whole day I had been a robot, trying to forget feeling and just doing the same thing, over and over and over. But now, I was riding back and I wasn't a robot. I was upset.

Chase dude! get a grip you have only known her for two weeks!!

But I liked her. I did. And I didn't like hurting people I liked. But I was also angry. At her. She didn't need to know my life, she didn't need to know me, we were just tent partners and that was all. That's all. That's how I am going to treat her.

+++

I arrived back at the campsite, I'm not going to lie, I did look for Blue. But I shouldn't. I can't, she is only my tent partner.

Calum rushed over to me. "Hey!"

"Hi" I replied

He laughed "Skylar must be taking her time, how far away is she?"

I looked at him, confused. "I thought she was coming back here to help April..."

"April!!" Calum called her over.

"Was Blue..." I corrected myself "...Skylar with you?"

"No, why?" She replied, concerned.

Shock ran through my body

Where the hell is Blue!??

I pulled my fingers through my hair. Dakota, Blue's friend walked up to me, having over heard the
conversation, she snapped at me "What the hell did you do with Sky?"

"She told me she was going to April."

"Yeah, well how did that turn out?!" She angrily yelled at me. Calum butted in, calmly he pushed Dakota back and grabbed my shirt, pulling me to the side.

"Mate. Let's be straight up here." He whispered, calmly, but harshly "What the fuck did you do to my sister?"

"Nothing, I swear." He let go of me.

"Not sure I believe you but we are going to find her. Now."

+++

We looked for her, riding in every direction, calling out her name. My voice was raspy and my head hurt. Calum called out from a couple meters away.

"Oh my god!" His strong voice echoed through my head. I jumped off the horse, carelessly tying it to a tree I rushed over to Calum he stared at the ground, below him was Blue.

She was sprawled out across the ground, her hair mixed with dirt and leaves, her face marked with mud. Carefully I lifted her up. Her eyes were closed, I didn't see the blue ocean circling within them.

She murmured something.

A weight dropped from my chest, she was alive.

"It's okay." I whispered.

A/N: will Skylar be okay? :/