8

"You guys are on those." Dakota said quickly, pointing to the horses that were standing beside her. She hurriedly chucked Chase and I the riding gear.

"It's the west side fencing area." She said to me with at tell-me-everything look, obviously noticing my nervousness around Chase. I nodded with and geared up my horse. Poor Chase stood there hopelessly. I walked over to him and grabbed his saddle, as I did our hands touched slightly and my heart did a 360.

"Hang on." I said. "You can ride a horse?"

He shook his head. 

"Really?" I said, jumping onto my horse, "You looked like a natural."

Nodding, he posed jokingly, with his hand behind his head. "I'm amazing at every-" He was interrupted by the horse jolting slightly.

I laughed and began heading to the fencing area.

We rode in silence for half an hour after that. I wanted to talk to him, but every time I said something he would give me short answers, so I eventually gave up. We eventually got off the horses and started fencing.

"So to fence, you get the hammer and -"

"I can watch and learn." He interrupted.

I nodded, and began working. He caught on quickly and helped me.

"We could both die at this very moment, Blue. Doesn't that scare you?"

I glanced up at him, he was serious. "There are hardly any dangerous snakes in this area." I said slowly, confused.

"Yeah I know. But I was just thinking," His voice was distant. "Anything we do could kill us."

I sighed, "Yeah. But that's a pretty bad way to live your life."

He smiled at my comment, "You say it like it is, don't you Blue." I shrugged as I pulled the fence wire to another post.

"I could slip on the dewy grass and hit the back of my head on the post and die. But that doesn't stop me fencing." I said.

"I could be talking to you, not pay attention and stand behind the horses and then they would kick me and I would probably die. But that doesn't stop me talking to you." He chuckled.

"Oh. I'm flattered." I laughed. "Okay I've got another one. I could accidentally swallow a fly and then in the process of trying to get it out, you would slap my back, making me fall flat on my face. When I get up, I'm still dizzy from the fall and I fall back and hit my head on a rock and die. But that doesn't stop me from standing near flies."

Chase laughed and then smiled at me slowly.

"I could push the stray bit of hair out of your face right now and seem too forward. But that doesn't stop me from doing it."

Two days.

Only two days.

I had known him for TWO DAYS.

I let him do it.

He pressed his warm body against mine and carefully pushed my hair behind my ear, looking into my eyes.

"You can see your face better now." We looked at each other for sometime.

"We should probably finish fencing." I whispered into his ear.

"But where's the fun in that?" He murmured.

"To be continued?" I suggested.

He mumbled something that seemed like a yes and we continued fencing in silence. It wasn't awkward silence. It was comforting silence. I knew he was there. This person I had know for all of 48 hours. And I felt safe.

A/N: what do you think of Chase and Skylars relationship, are they moving too fast?