4

"Okay I've got one." Chase said "Who was your first time with?"

I glared at him. It was so obvious I hadn't lost it. I was a loser. He was doing this to embarrass me. I huffed and walked over to Dakota. She grinned sheepishly and glanced at Calum, "Him."

I raised my eyebrows and giggled. Cute, but also gross. "We know the answer for Calum." He blushed and Dakota elbowed me.

"Some weirdo at a disco." April started, "Not your typical first time. It was his goal for the night to pull as many girls as he could. I was also drunk. So I took it a bite far."

Chase smiled, "Lea Mitchell, my ex." My stomach churned. Why? I don't care if he had lost his virginity with Lea Mitchell, I had only just met him. Anyways its a pretty bad name, Lea, she sounds like a bitch.

Was I really the only one who hadn't lost my virginity?

I looked up ahead to the camp site

"We are here! Lets finish later." I announced. Ha Chase. Take that.

+++

We started setting up the tents, April was surprisingly good. Although I had lived on the farm my whole life, I was so completely crap at putting up tents. Chase was too. I grabbed the pegs and chucked them to him.

"Put these in the sides" I murmured and he laughed.

"Okay bossy boots" I ignored him, still a bit annoyed about the question he'd asked before, and tried putting up the tent.

"So, how long have you lived on the farm?" He continued.

"I've lived here my whole life, I love it here. Even though we have to work it's so beautiful to breath in the clean air everyday. And the sunsets here are amazing. I wish I lived near the ocean though."

I paused, shit. I had told him about the ocean.

My face turned red. I assumed that Chase would be snickering at me because I had only just met him and I was telling him about clean air and the ocean? I really question my communication skills sometimes.

But instead, Chase was nodding, like he was interested. "The ocean?"

"Yeah. I've never been."

"What's so great about it?"

"It's magical." I whispered under my breath and he smiled.

"Blue. Like your eyes."

"What's your favourite subject at school?" I asked him, trying to create more conversation, and move away from the ocean.

"Art." He stated simply.

We continued putting up the tent in silence. He was so cute, I think I was staring at him too much because he gave me really weird looks. Once the tent was up he jumped inside and lay on the mattress.

"Finally! Jeez who knew putting up a tent was so tiring." Chase breathed out.

I nodded slightly and began to unpack my suitcase. I folded up my clothes and put them in small piles based on their colour. Suddenly April bursted into our tent.

"Why-"
breath
"The hell are there-"
breath
"Wild animals on the farm?"

I shrugged, "So you went exploring?" I heard Chase snickering the the background.

"Um. Ya. To look at the beautiful scenery and relax in the serenity. But NOOOO a flipping animal decides to come out and bloody chase me." she panted.

"Well yeah. There are wild animals." I said as stepped outside to open a can of beans.

"Wait what?" April said as she looked at the can.

"We're eating that?"

"Um. Ya." I said. Impersonating her.

She smiled a bit and then started laughing "I seem like such a city girl. Oh my gosh there are animals? Oh my gosh we are eating food that's not from a five star restaurant? Oh my god!"

I started laughing "Wanna help?"

"Sure."

"So, give me 3 facts people don't know about you." I said and I popped open another can of beans.

"Ok. I always use text talk in real life convos and people find it really annoying."

"Conversations."

"Huh?"

"You said convo."

"See! I don't even realise it!!"

"Ok what's another fact?"

"I actually dye my hair... It's normally brown."

I smiled, it was pretty obvious her platinum blonde hair wasn't natural.

I laughed, "What's your last fact?"

She looked up at me slowly, "I'm gay." She blurted out.

"Wait what?"

"Sorry ignore that."

"Your gay?" I was so confused,

"No. sorry. I have weird humour." She said with a fake laugh.

I raised my eyebrows, "Okay..."

We kept opening cans in silence until she spoke up. "Maybe I am."

"What?" I questioned, Was April telling me she was gay?

"I don't know what I told you. I'm sorry. I haven't told anyone and you just are so easy to talk I just thought that I'm not sure what I thought."

She burst into tears and her confident, striking face turned into a little kid crying.
I stopped opening cans and gave her a hug,

"Hey hey." I comforted her, "So you're gay?"

"No." She sniffed.

"But you just said.."

"Just shut up." She snapped.

"I'm sorry I just thought that -"

April stopped me from finishing and pulled away from my hug

"Can you not tell anyone?"

"Of corse." I said calmly looking up at her tear streaked face.

"I mean it." she said firmly.

"I won't." I assured her.

"I gotta go." April walked away awkwardly. I nodded as she walked off into her tent

This was going to be an interesting summer holidays.

A/N: is April actually gay? And is Chase trying to be mean?