3. Fate?

(hotel) - 4:50 pm - Boracay, Philippines

Sam's POV

 I had just come back from driving around the beautiful island for a while. I visited a market on the way back and bought some bottled water, fruits, instant ramen, and some Filipino snacks that I found intriguing. After returning to my hotel room, I organized the food and water in the fridge and countertop. Then, I had a Facetime call with my friend Nam who's in Canada right now. 

"Hey bestieee! How are you Sammy? Miss you so much waiii, come back already"

"Oh my, Nam calm down hahaha, I'm good, I miss you too, and I'm not coming back yett! Weren't you planning to visit your family in Thailand as well? We said we'd meet there in January remember?"

"Ah yes I am, I already informed my boss today about my leave in January and I received approval right away," Nam said as she beamed on the screen, smiling from ear to ear.

"Yeah of course you received approval, your boss has a cruuush hahhahaha ;))" I teased. I know her boss, Kovit, and he has had a crush on her since I first started working at their company. Me and Nam worked at the same company for a few years, I was in the Finance department, while she worked in HR. After that, I was offered a better position at another corporation so I decided to leave. 

"So did he ask you out on a date yet or what?" I asked

"Yea, heheheh he finally did after many months of subtle flirting, we're going out tomorrow" Nam replied

"Subtle? Yeah sure, 'subtle' bahahah, you're just clueless my dumbo"

"Ohh look who's talking! How's Luke huh? Even your mom and sisters agreed with me that he clearly has a crush on you the last time they visited you!"

"I knew Luke liked me, as well as Kavin, but I wasn't interested so I told them that. See, I'm a direct person, no subtle flirting around me :D." I replied confidently

"And Selena? Bruh she's been flirting with you for months every time we go to that cafe and you're still not convinced" Nam fired back

"Selena is a barista, she works in a cafe, with customers, of course she's nice to everyone, doesn't mean she's flirting"

"That girl clearly likes you I don't care what you say, you're just blind enough to not see it. Or wait wait... is it because she's a girl?"

"Blargh, no, it's not that. Like first of all, who can guess who's straight and who's not these days, second of all, she's just way too pretty to be into me lol, just like Mon" I blinked as I remembered Mon's perfect face with the cutest cheekbones.

"Okay, we're back to Mon of course, that girl has got to leave your brain at some point" Nam rolled her eyes

"...I saw a girl that I thought was her today, like legit my heart stopped for a sec."

"Interesting... I mean it probably isn't her though, since she lives and works in Thailand. She still works at the same bank as my cousin by the way." 

"Yeah, I know, I follow her on LinkedIn, she's got herself in a pretty good position at that bank; I mean I'm not even surprised, she's like next-level intelligent" I smiled thinking about her

"Okay missus obsessed with Mon, tell me, how's the Philippines?" Nam said steering the conversation away from Mon.

"Oh it's gorgeous, you absolutely have to visit sometime, maybe with Kovit ;)" 

"Ok well, that's enough from you captain shipper hahaha, and yes I'll ask him if he's up for it sometime" Nam replied with shiny eyes thinking about her and Kovit on a romantic getaway to Boracay.