10. Overwhelming Thoughts

(hospital)

Sam's POV:

As we walked towards Richie's room, I could see Mon's body physically shaking. She was still scared and obviously still in shock as she almost lose her one and only brother. I moved closer to her and back-hugged her to provide any sort of comfort possible. 

"Rich!" Mon ran towards him and hugged him tight.

"Geez sis you're hugging me like we haven't seen each other in ages," he chuckled weakly and smiled at his younger sister.

"NO brother, I'm hugging like YOU ALMOST DIED BECAUSE OF BEING A DUMBASS," she yelled back, "What the hell happened? Yuki said you played some fruit ninja shit? Explain. Right now."

"Okay, um, yeah... this guy approached me and started showing me his sword collection, and he had a giant bag of fruits with him, said I can either buy the sword for a crazy expensive number or I can win it by slicing 5 fruits mid-air as he throws them up. Basically, yeah, real-life fruit ninja..." Richard held his neck in embarrassment, "You know me, I like to take a risk and gamble so I tried it out, I sliced a banana, an orange, an apple, but then he threw a lime, and it was too tiny. I don't know what exactly happened... I... I tried to sway the sword towards it but it slipped out of my hand and the blade went threw my arm." 

Mon was visibly fuming at her brother's explanation. It was a totally avoidable accident that almost led to his death. I walked closer to her and looked into her eyes and tried to communicate. I tried to tell her to calm down and breathe. After all, her brother just underwent a major surgery, he's still weak and needs time.

Yuki sensed the tension and spoke up, "Hey at least you're okay... and.. alive right now, that's all that matters, it's also all thanks to Sam," she gave me a huge smile and bowed her head in gratitude. 

"Sam? What happened? How did she save me?" Richard was unaware of what had happened while he was out.

"Oh, she basically only pretty much donated all the blood in her body to save your ass," Mon answered him as she hugged my arm and rubbed her hand up and down, "She literally passed out from the amount of blood they took."

"Oh my god Sam, I... thank you... so much. I don't know what to say... honestly..." Rich started.

On the other hand, I started getting dizzy. Again. It felt like I was underwater and all I'm hearing is Richard murmuring from above. The world started spinning and slowly turning black until....

...

...

*thud*

...

Mon's POV:

"Sam! Sam! I...! Someone call a nurse! Call for help!" 

One second we were standing close as I held and rubbed her arm, the next second she was on the floor. Though I did notice her body was cold to the touch, I didn't think anything of it. Yeah, dumb move.

(((15 minutes later)))

Sam's POV:

"Sammyy, you scared us already, please wake up," Nam said with a tone of urgency.

"Sam wake up please, I can't do this again, please..."

I blinked a couple of times to try and see Mon, I knew it was her voice. I just kept trying to wake up but it still felt like I was underwater.

"Girls, please give her some space over here, she's completely fine, she will regain consciousness in a few minutes just give her time," I heard the doctor's voice say, "She only fainted because she did not drink her juice and cookies as I asked her... her blood sugar dropped. But I assure you she will be okay."