14. Pouring Out My Heart

Hotel Outdoor Restaurant - 12:21 pm - Boracay, Philippines

Sam's POV:

As Nam and Mon finished their breakfast and I fixed the fiasco problem and did some paperwork, we started planning our day ahead.

"I booked a 2-hour massage, I actually have to leave soon," Nam said.

"Yuki and Richard are spending the day together... they confessed about their relationship to me last night,"

"Oh finally hahaha," Nam and I chuckled.

"So they're having a romantic chill day for today?" Nam asked.

"Mhmm," Mon nodded awkwardly, "They'll be staying in Richie's room all day though cause it's still dangerous for him to go out." 

I don't know how she feels about her best friend and brother dating, but it must be somewhat uncomfortable at first. 

"What about you Sammy? Do you have any plans?" Nam asked me.

"Uh, yeah, I don't... I do actually... with Mon. We're hanging out, if she's free of course..." I stumbled over my words as the anxiety of having 'the talk' with Mon started winning over my body. But also, I have no idea if she has free time today. She's on a business trip, and she, Yuki, and Richard have been off for like 3 days already. I wondered if she has to go back to work and meet clients today.

As if reading my mind, Mon answered me with a cheeky smile on her face,

"I am free today, the whole day. I asked my supervisor to give me an off day, I wanted to spend today with you, Sam."

I blinked at her as my face flushed and I felt it heat up. It's probably an embarrassing shade of red right now.

"Okay then lovebirds, enjoy your day! Sammy I'll text you after my massage," Nam teased as she got up and headed to the body reflexology clinic at the hotel.

I closed my laptop and sipped on my glass of water as I watched Nam leave. Then, I leaned closer to Mon and held her hand. She looked up at me with a warm smile and her thumb rubbed my palm. 

"I missed you," 

"I missed you too, Ms. co-CEO millionaire queen boss lady," she teased.

"Oh... I like that title, I really do, but you can call me Sam," 

"You've always been humble and down to earth Sam, but you're a successful CEO now with an amazing career, it's definitely something worth being proud of, plus... it's super... hot," she whispered in my ear as she leaned even closer.

I turned into a darker shade of red if that was even possible. Trying to chuckle the awkwardness away, I got up from my seat and started packing my laptop and things into my bag.

"Would you like to have a chat? At the beach?" I asked her.

"Yeah, of course, let's go," she answered as she also got up from her seat and held out her hand for me to hold. 

We headed towards the beach hand in hand, while my heart was pounding in my chest. I'm about to talk about my whole mental health journey with Mon... my Mon. 

We walked along the shoreline for some time until we found a perfect spot for two, with a small table and beach chairs on either side. I set my things down and sat on one of the beach chairs as Mon sat on the other one, facing me. Here it goes,

"Mon, first of all, I want to say, I don't want you to feel pressured to stay... we don't have to continue anything if you're not comfortable,"

she shook her head and tried to interrupt me but I spoke first,