4. Hi

(airport) - 8:02 pm - Boracay, Philippines

Nam's POV:

I have just landed in the Philippines! Completely exhausted, but so excited to see Sam's reaction to my surprise visit. I know that she came here for self-discovery and peace of mind, but I can't leave my best friend alone in a state like this. She puts up a strong exterior but I know she's crumbling on the inside, I have to help her. 

Though I feel so bad for lying to her earlier today on our video call; when we talked I was in the airport by the baggage claim. I even told her I was going on a date with Kovit tomorrow. Kovit is actually traveling to Thailand next month, so we agreed we'd meet there when Sam and I will be going there as well. 

Anyway, I just grabbed a cab and I'm heading towards the hotel Sam is staying at. I know for a fact she'll be at the beach right now, she's always loved going to the beach or the lakeside at night when it's dark. It's like she goes to a whole new world when she's there. So for my plan, I'm going to check in to the hotel and leave my baggage with the concierge, and I'll go straight to the beach to surprise my best friend.

Mon's POV:

Yuki and I just got our dinner plates and took our seats at the table with the rest of our colleagues. We are around 20 people, so it was a long, packed table full of food and drinks with chit-chatter everywhere. Everyone is talking and enjoying fun conversation as they ate and drank after a long day of strategizing work. I, on the other hand, am staring at the beach waves as they swayed back and forth. I took a sip of my wine as I looked around the hotel. Because we've been busy all day, I never had the time to appreciate the beauty of the island and nature surrounding me. This hotel definitely deserved the 5 stars, I mean the luxury is evident. As I observed the hotel decor around me a bit more, I noticed a tall, brunette girl walking down the stairs. She had her hoodie on, covering her face. While she hugged her bunny pillow, she had white earphones dangling from her ears, a small speaker, and a water bottle in her arms. I don't know what it is about her, but her aura was attractive like I was drawn to her. I felt like I knew her.

I stared at her as she walked to the beach. Her walk was so elegant, even with the very casual outfit she was wearing. 

"I spy with my eyee, someone staring at someonee," Yuki teased as she caught me in the act.

I just rolled my eyes in return. I'm too busy trying to figure out if I know this girl from somewhere. If only I could see her face.

*20 minutes later*

Everyone just finished their meals and is enjoying some fruit with their drinks. I looked at the beach once more. It was calling out to me. I want to feel the water on my feet. And maybe I could peak at the girl I saw earlier, see if I know her or not.

"Hey Rich I'm gonna walk to the beach, I'll stay for a bit and go back to my room okay? Let Yuki know when she comes back from the bathroom so she doesn't have to wait for me." I informed my brother.

He nodded and so I got up from the table and started walking.

I walked past the security man at the entrance of the beach as he let me know no swimming is allowed, I nodded and smiled at him in acknowledgment. Since I can't be near the water, I thought I'd walk in the sand for a while and enjoy the peace and quiet. The atmosphere was serene. I walked around 20 meters along the shore until I reached the mysterious girl I saw earlier. She had her speaker on and it was playing a sad song, "I used to float ... now I just fall down... I used to know... but I'm not sure now... what I was made for..." 

(Billie Eilish - What Was I Made For?)

This time, I could see her face. She was staring up at the sky. Tonight was a full moon, and the sky was full of glistening stars. I stood there studying her as the moonlight shone on her face. As she looked up, her eyes were filled with tears. It looked like she was fighting so hard to not let the tears fall. She was so far away in her own world and thoughts that she didn't notice me staring at her from a few feet away. It was her... it was Sam.