23. Too Good To Be True?

(A Month Later)

'ROAST cafe', Bangkok, Thailand, 12:12 pm

Mon's POV:

I sat on one of the empty tables as Yuki left to order our coffees and croissants. I keep checking my phone every few minutes to see if a message from my love will pop up. She's at a meeting right now with some real estate agents to discuss acquiring a space for her business. I'm so proud of her passion and determination to make her dreams a reality. The past few months I've spent with her as her girlfriend have been absolute heaven. Of course, me and my overthinking brain, are waiting for something bad to happen. It feels too good to be true. A person can't be this perfect right? There must be a catch. 

As I drifted to dreamland, Yuki interrupted my thoughts as she snapped her fingers in front of my eyes causing me to flinch. 

"Aye! No more daydreaming about your flawless girlfriend okay? You're out with meee your best friend!" Yuki exclaimed as I chuckled and decided to just enjoy my outing with my bestie and stop overthinking.

"So, tell me," Yuki spoke as she took a sip of her coffee, "How's the marriage life?" 

I just about almost spat my coffee. 

"Yuki! Don't joke like that!"

"Hey I'm just sayin, your lovestruck eyes haven't left your face ever since we came back from the Philippines."

I sighed as I prepared to vent my overthinking thoughts to her. Yuki understands me without much explanation of why I feel like this and that, thankfully. 

I explained how I felt during the whole Kayla situation, especially now that she works in the same place as me and I have to see her every day. I'm sort of ashamed to say it, but I get worried every time Sam texts me that she's coming over to say hi at the bank. I'm afraid she'll run into Kayla and they'll talk and it'll feel like old times for them and they would rekindle their friendship. I'm afraid Sam will be open again and she'll fall for Kayla's flirtations and leave me.

I know people in a relationship should trust each other first and foremost. But you can't blame me. I'm absolutely infatuated with Sam, and we've only been together for almost 3 months. I've fallen hard and I'm afraid to lose her. I don't want to get hurt.

Yuki listened intently and comforted me,
"Oh Mon, you think you're the only one deeply in love here? Don't you see how she looks at you? She's absolutely fallen head over heels for you. You just have doubts because of Kayla, and it's totally understandable, to be honest. That girl is flirty as hell bro. She even flirted with Richie!"

We laughed as we remembered Kayla's attempted flirtation with Richie when he and Yuki visited me at the bank the other day. 

*ping ping*

Sam messaged me finally!

-

bubby❤️: hey baby! just finished the meeting, it went well. are you still at work?

-bub! that's amazing. so did you find a property?

-i'm at roast cafe with Yuki for my lunch break from work, are you nearby?

bubby❤️: ooh okay, I'm near the cafe actually, I'll let you know all the details when I see you.

-

I waited anxiously to hear the news about the real estate meeting. I'm suuuper excited for this project and I predict great success, especially for Sam, she's incredibly intelligent.

"She's coming over right now, she just left the meeting," I informed Yuki as we waited patiently for Sam's arrival. In the meantime, Yuki showed me some pictures from her professional photoshoot she did the other day for the bank. She was picked for advertisement pictures for the bank's marketing operations. 

"AHAHHA why is Richie there ahahahah he looks sillyyy," I laughed at this picture where Yuki is pinching Richie's nose and ear as he poses funnily with his tongue. They look adorably hilarious.

Yuki laughed so hard as she held her stomach and tried to explain the picture but she couldn't stop laughing. I laughed at Yuki who was unable to talk every time she tried. 

"Oh how I lovee this laugh!" A voice spoke from behind me while my body froze as a hand landed on my shoulder. I looked to my left and found my favorite face hiding behind a bouquet of red roses. 

"Babbbeee, you scared me!" I said as I stood up to hug and kiss my girlfriend.

"Woww flowers huh? Red roses. What is this romantic bubble you guys are living in 24/7 huh?" Yuki chuckled as she rolled her eyes at us, teasing us.

"Beautiful people deserve beautiful things, besides, today is Friday. It Flowers Friday." Sam answered cheekily as I smelled the roses and placed them on the extra seat beside me. I scooted over on my couch to make space for Sam as she squished beside me and rested her arm behind me. 
Oh how I love when she does that. I feel engulfed with her. Engulfed by her scent, her warmth, her whole being. 

"So!! How did the meeting go? Tell me everything!" I asked eagerly before she could even take a sip of water. I'm clearly a bit too excited.

Sam chuckled before she answered me with a big smile on her face,

"I found it, the place."

"Oh my god!! That's amazing! Which one is it?"

"The one on Marnelle Street, the one I went to with my dad, I showed you pictures of it remember?"

"Marnelle? Hmmm, I must've forgotten. Mmmm, when did you show me?"

"Baby," Sam chuckled at my confused face as I tried to remember, "Remember that night we...," she came closer to my ear to whisper... 

I turned to the darkest shades of red as I remembered the night she was referring to.

"Yikes okay, hahaha, Sam, I'll get you your usual coffee?" Yuki stood up to escape the scene as Sam nodded at her in gratitude.

I managed to recollect myself soon and turned to Sam once again.

"Omg okay, that place is great from what I've seen. Did you make a final deal?"

"No not yet, I... I wanted you to see it with me first."

She cares about my opinion.

My heart feels warm inside my body.

"Will you be free this weekend? We can go look at it if you're free," Sam asked politely.

"Of course bub, oh my, like I'm just so excited,"

We shared a few pecks before Yuki came back with Sam's coffee and we continued our conversations. Yuki told us about some drama that's been happening in the marketing department with the new hires. One of the things Sam and Yuki bond over is office gossip. Gosh they love it so much. I hate it. I hate talking about other people cause I think it just causes more problems, and karma.
They enjoyed their conversation as I noticed my watch saying 1:23 pm. Me and Yuki need to head back to the bank for our shifts.

We all said our goodbyes before Sam jumped in her car and we did in mine and headed back to work.

I'm so excited for what's to come. 

-----

update!

don't you love love?

🫀