chapter 1

so this is book 2/2. i highly recommend that you read the first book before this (super rich kids) also these books are based off frank oceans 'super rich kids'

tw: implied sh, sh, negative stuff
-

evan was bummed out. Today barty and him were going to go out to dinner at there favorite restaurant for there anniversary, but he had to meet an old friend. Who just so happend to be chloe. he was not jealous or anything, but he just wished that he could could see him cause it's been awhile since they had time alone.

evan lights a cigarette on fire and puts it up to his mouth "reg, do you think shes gonna try something"

"even if she does, barty loves you. and only you"

"yea but maybe he also loves chloe"

regulus come over to evan and takes the cigarette out of his mouth, taking a long drag. "if it does happen i'll beat his ass"

evan laughs and pulls regulus in for a hug. "why so tense, doesnt james hug you all the time"

"you never hug me tho"

evans pushes regulus back and flips him off "i hug you all the time"

"eh, your too busy snogging barty"

"i only snog barty like once a day"

"yeah only of its one times five " regulus gets out laughing through it

"i love him"

"but do you trust him to his full ability?"

evan thinks for a second, he had never broken his trust so there wasnt a reason not to. "i guess"

a silence washes ovee; the room, both of the slytherins went back to doing what they were doing. which in this case is worrying about barty. evan trusted him with his life, but not with his own.

evan couldn't help but think about the times where he so deeply desired having someone to love him, to hold him, and to tell him everything was going to be okay. and he had finally found the person. the only reason to keep going, the person to keep the fire in his eyes.

but chloe could take that away in a second. he would go from having everything he ever wanted, to alone and afraid, afraid of trying anything like that again. if it didn't work out with barty, evan vowed to never try love again. because if that wasn't true love, then in evans eyes, love was never real.

then again, if he did betray him he could just so easily get a new boyfriend. maybe frank longbottom, or gilderoy lockhart. truefully all evan wanted was barty. he would never again have eyes for anyone else, because they would last forever.

barty was his rock, but chloe could weather his rock away with a few words, and thats what scared evan the most.

-

barty sat at the spare classroom table staring at chloe. one of her eyes were slightly lower then the othee, making barty think of an episode of criminal minds. because no one was talking, his mind shifted to all other things.

"so.. want some water?" chloe asks shoving the bottle of water closer to barty

"yea thanks." barty opens the bottle of water and gulps most of it

"so, im sorry for everything i did"

"yea you should be"

"i wasnt that bad"

"you tried to burn evan what do you mean 'you wearnt that bad'"

"okay, i was a little bad"

"you know, im not ready to forgive you goodbye" barty stands up but is soon grabbed by his wrist making him wince in pain

"what's wrong barty, wrist hurt"

barty takes his arm back and walks out the room. tears welled up in his eyes, as the memories from the night before fled into his head

-
flashback

The shine of the knife hurt his eyes if he looked too hard, the moonlight being a cruel goddess. there window didnt have curtains.

he drags the knife along the faded cuts, reopening wounds he forgot were recent. This was all be would do. he wouldn't cut deep. he couldn't stand the idea of evan seeing him like this. At his worst. he wouldn't die. Not yet.

It stung, cutting along wounds just barely healed. his wrists were asymmetrical. This pain was enough to keep him awake, to keep him from dreaming. regulus would hate him even more if he figured out he was doing this, huh?

The blade goes deeper, spilling blood onto his blanket. That's when he decided it was enough. A hand swiped at the blood, stinging it with the sandpaper feeling of his palm. It was clean enough.

he wipes the blade off with the inside of the blanket, and gently puts it back into the dresser. he stands up and crawls back into bed with evan, kissing his hair.

-

800 words