chapter 10

i needed this chaoter cause i pre wrote chapter 11

"Be my boyfriend?"

   It was such a stupid, ridiculous question.

   "No," barty says firmly, and he deadpans, looking straight into evan eyes.

   "huh," evan nods slowly, his lips parted and his expression holding that same one that screamed confusion. He raises his brows, and then clicks his tongue, re-adjusting the towel around his waist, "Okay."

   But barty already knew the stupid, ridiculous answer.

   "Watcha doin'?" barty asks, as if it's not the most obvious thing in the world, and he comes up from behind evan chair, pressing his palms at either side of the desk. He smells like fresh soap and cologne and barty can practically see how the droplets of water fell upon him. He frowns.

   "Go away and dry your hair. You're going to stain my papers," He doesn't bother acknowledging the boy peering above him, and he shoves a hand back, pushing against his body.

   "That sounds dirty."

   "The only dirty thing is your mind, cheeky."

   "Whatever, luv."

   The heat from evans body subsides as he swivels himself away from barty, pitter-pattering away somewhere in the room instead. Was this the consequence of agreeing to sleep in the same room as him? Constant, absolutely constant annoyances and interruptions? How can one even study?

   "Also," barty calls out to the clatter he can hear happening behind him, "Stop asking me. My answer will be the same."

   "why not"

   evan sighs. Sometimes, he swears it'll be the last of dealing with that stubborn boy. But here he was, someday of the week- he lost count spending time with him, again. That, and he had to tolerate the boys advances.

barty loved evan, but part of him thought that evan would leave once again

barty loved evan, but part of him thought that evan would leave once again. And barty just wants to punch himself for it.

   He already knows how he wants to respond with yes, so why didn't he? He knows that, and that traitor of an organ beating inside his chest knows it too. That stupid organ that escaped his clutches the moment a certain student mafe it his life mission to flirt shamelessly with his evan then say no.

   "Shameless," barty blurts out of nowhere, just because he felt like it.

   "What?"

   "Nothing."

   "Thinking of me?" evan wanders back towards the desk again. He's mixing a spoon into a mug of something steaming. barty swears he's making those loud metallic noises against the cup on purpose. And of course, of course, that guy has to come out with some sort of smooth comeback to everything barty would say, and it absolutely drove him insane, "I'm giddy now."

   "How many times should I tell you to stop being so narcissistic?"

   "As many times as you'd like," evan places the mug by bartys side, "Here. I got you some milk with honey. You like milk right?" He then proceeds to make a strange cooing noise following the question.

   "Why.. do you talk to me as if I'm a dog?"

   barty snorts loudly, "Please, ev"

   "Go away."

   "Dogs are cute though. Do you remember Singto? He's-"

   "Go away."

   "Okay. Be my boyfriend first?" evan begs

   "no"

   Another thing about evan, he won't hold back from making it evident he's upset if he wanted to. So the boy whines, and he slaps evans shoulder. And hell, it does hurt.

   "ow! bitch"

   The whine is loud and absolutely provoking.

   "please barty, i will never even think about leaving you again. i would do anything absolutely anythign if you asked me to."

"fine"

rushed sorry for typos bye