Murder house

CAMRYN'S POV

I sat on the ledge smoking my cigarette alone before Ben came up behind me. He stopped beside me as I looked at him. " relax i'm not here to bust you" He laughs as I tried to hide my cigarette. " Why not?" I snapped. " What you guys went through last week..." He replied. " Seriously Ben im fine! It'll make a great collage essay one day" I chuckle. " okay. But if you ever want to talk to somebody..." I roll my eyes. " Ben!" I yell. " I mean, not me. You know, I'm way to expensive. But we can find you someone." he shrugs.

" Okay I'll think about it." he nods, looking at me for a moment before walking back into the house. As we walks away, Tate come's out from behind the wall, joining me on the ledge. " He's a great dad. He really cares. You're lucky like that" he says to me as I roll my eyes. I grabbed a fresh cig and placed it between my lips. I leaned over so Tate could light it while I made eye-contact with him the whole time.

He smiled as I leaned back taking a long drag. " thanks for saving me and my mom" I smile as he shrugs. " it was no big deal" he mumbles as I nudge his arm. " It is a big deal! You saved my life" I laughed. He smiled as I gave him my cig. He grabs it and takes a drag of it before giving it back to me. " how are you and violet?" He asks as I scoff. " Way to go ruin the moment" I smirk. " What I'm just asking" he smiles. " Well she still thinks that she shouldn't have called the police and she is OBSESSED with you" I say exaggerating the obsessed part.

" With me?" He questions as I nod. " She legit threatened me saying " He wants me not you" it was weird and honestly kinda psycho" I added as he looks at me. " Definitely psycho" he laughs. " I mean you guys barely talk" I say as his smile faded. " I mean we spoke once and she was very flirty?" He says with a disgusted look on his face. " woah I never knew my sister could have emotions" I say sarcastically. Tate laughs as I laugh with him.

======

" So as I explained on the phone, the carpet will be steamed- cleaned before move in. There's a dock there for your Ipod or Iwhatever," The landlady explains as my mom and I explore the potential temporary apartment. " Uh... well, I'll tell you what I do like. I like that security guy at the door" Mom complements as I roll my eyes,

" Excuse me. Can my mom have a moment? Alone." I ask turning away from the window. " Sure. I'll be in the rental office. I got someone else coming in 20 minutes" she says as she closes the door. I turn to my mother and sigh. " Glad we moved all the way to California, since we could be totally anywhere" I scoff. " I think it has a certain..." Mom says before I cut her off. " You and Ben, both of you. You don't deal with anything. The affair, the miscarriage. For most people that's just life, and they deal. But you guys had to uproot everything, drag everyone across the country to start all over" I state.

" Honey, I don't think you've quite processed what happened to us in that house. That was devastating. That was a nightmare" She reasons. " This place is the nightmare! I love our house. It's got soul. It's where you and I kicked some ass, Mom. You say were victims of something bad there. I say that's the place where we survived." I exclaim trying to get her to understand that I didn't want to leave. " I love that you see it that way. I'm pregnant. I can't stay there. This is the decision that your father and I have made for our family together." She states.

" Yeah whatever" I mumbled crossing my arms, I didn't want to leave. I have Tate someone who finally might stick around. He is the one reason I'm staying with this stuck up family. " But i'm telling you. You go ahead with this whacked- out plan, and I'm out of here. I will run away. And believe me, I know how to leave so you never find me." I threaten as she looks at me. "At least you will have the daughter you do want" I mumble as I walked out slamming the door, I head to the car and closed the door.

"God" I groan as I run my hands through my hair. Why is this happening now? Things are finally getting somewhat better. Maybe not with me and Violet but with me and this house. Yes it may be scary or spine crawling but I like it. It makes me feel at home. Wow never knew I would call anything home.

=======

882 words

Sorry that this is short its just a filler for the next portion of the story

-V