Realizing

CAMRYN'S POV

I grabbed my laptop as I sat down on my bed. I opened my computer and clicked on the search bar. I typed in" Westfield High Massacre". Once I hit search, almost millions of articles pop up about the massacre. It told me all about the victim's, the victims parents, what happened, who was involved. It all popped up in an instant as I scrolled through the different links.

I clicked on a link and it brought me to a website about the massacre. I scrolled down to see the victims and I gasped at the people I saw. It was the kid's from last night. They were the victims of the Westfield High massacre. I click around until I find a link to the shooter himself. And that's when I saw him. Tate. My tate was the westfield High shooter.

I was right. From the day I saw him I knew he did look a bit familiar but I pushed it away and right now I wished I hadn't. I stared at his photo with his name bolded right beside him. I was unable to move or even say anything as thoughts ran through my head at what felt like a million hours per minute. It felt as if my world was crumbling apart.

Of course the one person I love it a fucking school shooter! I slammed my laptop shut and rushed out of my room as fast as I could. I sprinted down the stairs running at full speed. " Mom" I say nervously as no one answers. " Mom? Mama?" I cry out but I notice someone sitting on the kitchen island.

" She's not here" Constance sighs. " Where is she. I swear to god if you hurt her" I threatened. She chuckles as she turns to me. " Of course not. She's probably at the grocery store, buying some frozen fare to reheat for your supper tonight. You found out about Tate, didn't you? I knew you would" I walked over to the kitchen fuming as I stood beside her at the island. " Get the fuck out of my house. This is not happening" I seethed.

" I questioned my sanity when I first found out. But this house... this house will make you a believer. You see, Camryn, we were living here when Tate lost his way. And I believe that the house drove him to it." She explains. " What? No! This can't be real" I yell trying to convince myself that this wasn't real. " You're a smart girl. How can you be so arrogant to think that there's only one reality that you're able to see. I want you to meet someone"

=====

Constance closed the door behind us as we made our way towards her kitchen. There sat a lady smoking a cigarette at the table waiting for what I assumed was us. " Camryn Harmon, meet Billie Dean Howard," Constance introduces us as she starts to fill her tea kettle with water. Billie looks at Constance as I still stood there in the hallway trying to understand what I had just heard.

" The child has no manners. Billie is a gifter medium. She can help" Constance chuckled. " You're confused. Overwhelmed. Why wouldn't you be?" Billie says looking dead at me. " I never asked for any of this you know" I mumble walking into the kitchen further. " None of us did. But nothing can be done once one's been chosen" Billie explains.

She gestures to me to sit down at the table while Constance sets the table for tea. " Billie has been helping me for years. I first found her on Craigslist. I've been through all the phonies, but she is 100% authentic. " Constance explains as I sat down at the table. " I've just come from a meeting of a lifetime. They're interested in making a pilot with me." Billie says.

" huh a Craigslist's psychic with a hollywood agent. Who'd have thought!" I mumbled not wanting to be here. " A medium, dear. I can't read your future. That's a different gift." Billie tells me in a fake-nice voice. I rolled my eyes as I crossed my arms. " Have some chamomile tea. It'll calm the nerves" Constance says, grabbing a tea cup in front of me.

I giggled letting my head fall back into my hands. " I'm in a dream. This can't be real" I mumble trying to convince myself that i'm dreaming. " I used to be like you. Until I was 25, when out of the blue, my cleaning lady shows up as I'm brushing my teeth. Except she's got no toilet brush and rubber gloves. She's naked and bloody. Her husband murdered her with an ice pick" Billie tells me as she looks dead at me.