Your fault

CAMRYN'S POV

" Leave her alone!" Tate yells from the doorway. I looked over and saw Tate standing behind me. "Finally, the prodigal son returns" The jock exclaims as they all turn to tate. I rush over to him mumbling that he shouldn't be here if these low lifes want him dead! " Come on down, man We've got some questions" The rocker tells him. " Go inside. I can handle this" He tells me his gaze still on the group.

"I seriously doubt that" The cheerleader pipes in as Tate grew more mad at the second. "Go Inside!" He yells at me as I glare at him. I look at him trying to see if he had any plan or reasoning about this so called " I can handle this". Short answer. I found nothing. "Do you think i'm stupid? No! They want to hurt you! " I told him sternly as he sighed. " Karma's a bitch, Tate" The grunge shouts.

" You want to talk to me? Lets see how fast you can run" Tate says as he runs out of the yard, booking it as fast as he can as the group runs after him at full speed. I stood there at the door way processing what the hell just happened. After I processed it I ran over to the phone and Dialed 911 as I stood there in the car park looking to see if Tate was either beaten to a pulp or not.

" Hello, Yes my uh boyfriend is in trouble. There's a bunch of kids chasing him. I think they're gonna kill him" I told into the phone until someone grabbed my arm. They turned me to look at them and I saw my kooky neighbor, Constance. " Come with me to my house now" She says angrily as her grip tightens. " Leave me alone you crazy asshole" I yell trying to release myself from her grip.

" Addy is dead because of you!" She screams pulling me towards her house forcefully. " What?" I mumbled my eyes widening

=====

" She wanted to be a pretty girl. Of course, she didn't look pretty lying under the table, under those harsh, energy efficient lights. One of the many comforts of having children is knowing one's youth has not fled, but merely been passed down to a new generation. They say when a parent dies, a child feels his own morality. But when a child dies, it's immortality that a parent loses." Constance says as I look at her.

" Constance I'm so sorry for your loss" I apologized knowing that this might be hard for her. " Well, you did encourage her. That's true. But you were just trying to be kind, weren't you?" She asks, pouring each of us a cup of tea as we sit at her kitchen table. " I was the one who sent her out into the world tonight. And it did what will do. Go ahead, drink your... drink your tea honey" She tells me by pushing my cup of tea closer to me. I sat still nearly frozen looking at the cigarette purse behind her

" Can I have one of those?" I mumble motioning over to the cigarettes. " oh, a cigarette? Oh certainly" she chuckles offering the purse over to me. I slowly took one out of the purse and brought it to my lips. " Just don't let your mama know that I am encouraging your vices" She tells me leaning over and flicks her lighter on. I leaned over to reach the lighter and lit the cigarette in between my lips.

I held my hair back with my other hand as I took a long drag and leaned back into my chair once more. Constance did the same chuckling to herself as she looks at me. " You know, Adelaide was a willful child. I suppose if she inherited anything from me, it was that. In truth, I think my little monster was more like me than any of my other children" She smiles as I tilt my head.

" I didn't know you had other children" I smiled. She slowly moves her hair around, avoiding eye contact with me as I narrowed my brows. " Tate is my son" She sighs. " What?" I whisper. How did I not realise that he was her son. " He cannot know about this, Camryn. He cannot know that his sister has passed. Not now. He doesn't react well to certain things. So you... you have to promise me." She says fast as she quickly grabs my arm tightly as she looks at me

" I don't understand? Why can't I tell him" I mumbled. Why couldn't he know? That was his sister for crying out loud. I mean I know he is a very emotional boy but I can't keep this away from him. Can I? " Well, he's a sensitive boy. You've seen that. He's a young man with too deep feelings, the soul of a poet, but none of the grit or steel that acts as a bulwark against this... these horrors of this world. The steel that has protected me, that Adelaide possessed. And that... that you have, too" she tells me.

She grabs a picture from her counter and looks at it, gripping her heart as she looks at it. " I, uh.. I think.. that's why he's taken so, with you. He craves your strength. Look. Maybe he misses his sister. But we must protect him, Camryn." She said sternly as she handed me the photo.I look down at it and saw that it is a photo of tate and Addy. They were holding each other happily, like what normal siblings do. He looked so happy, like he was the happiest when he was around his sibling.

======

sorry that this is so short I'm gonna try and make the next chapter longer but was it just me that laughed when Tate  just zoomed off? Anyway Hope you guys have an amazing day and or night! Lot's of love

-V

1018 words