Frick and Frack

CAMRYN'S POV

" Ben I'm not a dog. I told you, I don't feel well. Just leave me here" I scold as he pulls me by my arms down the stairs. " I don't trust you anymore. I don't trust Tate." He snaps as he stops and looks at me. " Tate? I haven't seen him in weeks" I lied while he pulled me down the stairs again.

" No more, Camryn. Your Mom's coming home, and you're coming with me and Violet to go get her" He explains. He pulls me out the front door as the sun shines brightly in my eyes. " Ben, please. I don't feel well" I lie trying to get him from making me leave the house.

" You can lay down in the car. And when we get home, pack up your things. We're leaving this house for good" I widened my eyes as I stuttered. " What?" I yelled as he pulled me towards the car. " You guys are back together?" I ask.

" I don't know yet. Your mom wants to go to Aunt Jo's to give birth. And I'm supporting it" He sighs. " No, you don't want to do this" I stuttered out as I stopped in the yard. " Camryn, your mother's been locked up in a psych ward for weeks. I won't let her stay there for another minute. Are you gonna get in the car or do I have to make you? My god, Camryn. What is wrong with you? Get in the car. Your mother wants to see you." He yells.

" But you put her in there" I thought as he pushes me into the backseat. He rushes into the driver's seat as Violet was sleeping with her headphones in up front. " I'm gonna throw up" I lie as he ignores me. He started the car as I looked down. " Fine I'll lay down" I mumbled.

I laid down across the back seat as Ben backed out of the driveway. I shut my eyes as I felt the car vanish beneath me. I opened my eyes and walked up to my window in my room, seeing Ben and Violet drive off. I sigh and backed away from the window as the car drove off for me not to see them.

" What's gonna happen when they get back? What do I say!?" I panicked as I walked over to Tate. I sat down beside him while he typed roughly on my laptop. " It's not U-Tube with a "U". It's YouTube. Y O U" I laughed. " Oh," he drags out as he backspaced his attempt at googling. " If they find out I killed myself, they'll go insane. Literally. For real this time. I mean, they can't know" I whine.

" Well, you can't control it forever. I mean, it is what it is, Camryn" he says looking at me. " One of these days, this computer will be obsolete. People will have microchips implanted in their brains or something. We won't be able to watch Youtube or anything. We'll be like the others here. Prisoners in a windowless cell. Who's gonna show me the new way of the world? Nobody is happy here, Tate" I mumbled.

"Yeah, but they're not like us. They're lonely. We have each other" He says smiling. He placed a hand on my thigh as I laid my head on his shoulder. " We'll never have kids" I whined as he leaned his head on mine.

======

I hear noises coming from the soon to be twins room. I tilted my head as me and Tate walked into the room. There stood the gay couple that is stuck here. " Who asked you to decorate the nursery?" I asked the dark haired one standing on the ladder.

" Let me break it down for you, sweetheart. This is our house, and we're having twins." He tells me. " Who's your surrogate? One of those nurses in the basement" I smiled at him as he glared at me. He stepped off the ladder and stood in front of me. " No. No. A very, very human surrogate, elvira. Your lovely mother" he smirks.

" You think you're gonna steal those twins? You pathetic homos couldn't steal your own shit out of your own ass." Tate threatens. The couple looks at us laughing at Tate's words. " You know what? It doesn't matter. As soon as my parents get back, we're leaving here. They're leaving. So knock yourselves out" I spat at the men.

" Honey, your parents aren't going anywhere as long as you're stuck here" The dark haired says. " And don't you get snotty little sister. You'll be begging to babysit. As big as this place is, it does get very, very lonely" the other one adds. " It could be ugly though. Were you a C-section? Is there a zipper we might use" The dark haired guy asked

" watch it, you Goddamn queen" Tate hissed as he takes a step forward. " oh, I am quaking in my loafers. What are you gonna do? Murder me?" The dark haired man laughed as he walked back into the nursery. I was beyond furious as well as Tate as we stood in the doorway.

I stormed out of the room, leaving Tate in the nursery and went downstairs to have a quick smoke in the kitchen. As I sit at the island smoking a fresh Moraly, the back door opens as Constance walks into the house. " My brown betty turns to black betty in 20 minutes. So tell me what this is all about" She sighs looking at me.

" I need help. Do you remember those two guys that lived here before us?" I asked. " Frick and Frack? How could I forget?" she chuckles. " Well, they're upstairs, and they're planning to kidnap my mother's babies... and raise them themselves. " I say. Constance quickly pulls her cigarette from her mouth.

" well, let me assure you. That is never going to happen"she tells me. " My mom's on her way back from the hospital today. And I don't trust them one bit. I called 'Cause I want to talk to that woman. The Craigslist psychic. " I say taking a hit of my cig. " Billie Dean? About what?" she asks.

" Getting rid of ghosts. There must be a way" I conclude. " Don't worry. I'll take care of it" she sighs. " thank you Constance" I muttered. She smiles as she puts out her cigarette in the ashtray. She walked towards the stairs as her heels echoed throughout the house.

=====

1121 words