Final goodbye

CAMRYN'S POV

"What do you want" Dad asks mom as I sit quietly on the couch with Violet. Even if she can't see me she's going to in a second that's for sure. " I want to... envision you with that boy on your shoulders, walking down Newbury street" Mom tell him. " What about Carmyn or Violet" He asks,

" What about Camryn? I'm a teenage girl. Not exactly a cat walk" I appear looking up at him. Violet flinched but was calm nonetheless. He comes over and squats down in front of me. " Camryn. What kind of father have I been? You weren't eating. You weren't going to school. You were already gone, and I didn't get it" He sighs,

" I shut you out. I was afraid it would break you and Vi" I explain as I looked at Violet. " I miss you so much" he cries. " I was never getting into harvard Dad" I smiled as a few tears fell down. " Oh..." he whispers. " But I did save you a shitload of money" I laughed. " Yeah, you did" He smiles. I look up at mom before looking back at Dad in front of me.

" You have to leave, Dad. Every minute your in this house, you're in danger, so is violet and that baby" I explain. Mom walks over and grabs his arm. She pulled him up to his feet and held his hands and brought them close to her. " Please. Do it for us" She begs.

=======

I appear behind mom and Dad as they hug from the bottom of the stairs. " Dad?" I called out. He turns around and rushes me into a hug. I smiled as he kissed my forehead. " Cam" I heard a voice say as I turned around. It was Violet. " Oh vi" I mumbled as tears ran down her face.

I gave her a hug as she clung on to me. I know this must be hard for her. Losing both her mom and sister on the same day is horrifying. " I don't want you to go" She mutters, " I know but you have to. You can still message me you know?" I laughed. " hm. Well, that's all very touching. But where the hell is the baby?" Constance interrupts from the landing.

====

I mess with the radio and listen to one of the many CDs in the new kid's room. God his music taste is awful. Even my Dad has better music than this! " Who are you?" An unfamiliar voice asks. I turned around and looked at the new kid. " you have awful music taste you know. Butthole Surfers?" I state.

" Hello? Breaking and entering? Who are you?" He asks as I sigh. " A ghost of my former self. I'm Camryn. I live in the neighborhood. I say as I shook his hand. " Your hands are cold" he points out. " Oh well you know what they say, Cold hands, warm heart." I laughed as I dumped his CDs all over his bed.

" Yo!" he yells. " Don't you have any Ramones? Like Animal boy or Too tough to die?" I ask by looking through his CDs. " Hey! Get out of my room" He points to the door as I smile. This dude really isn't that welcoming. Well I wasn't either but we don't talk about that. " You sure you want to be alone? They say this house is haunted" I say waving my hands around.

He smirks which was followed by a scoff. " You're kinda twisted, aren't you?" he says. " You don't know the half of it" I sigh.

======

I walked back into my old room which now belonged to the boy Gabe. I opened the door as I saw Tate holding a knife to Gabes throat. " Tate, no. Put the knife down Tate" I ordered. " I can't. I'm doing this for you! I couldn't save you. It's my fault you're alone" He sobs.

" But i'm not alone. My family's here now" I explain to him as I take a step forward. " It's not enough. You need someone" He states. " Not him" I tell Tate pointing at Gabe who was shaking. " Then what do you want!" He shouts. " What I wanted was you" I state.

He slowly turned around and I finally saw his face. He still held the knife close to Gabe's neck as Tate's gaze softened. " You told me to go away" he mumbles. " Yeah. But I never got to say goodbye. Please come let me say goodbye" I begged. He watches me closely as I wait at the doorway for his response.

He let go of Gabe and quickly kissed me. I could tell he missed me a lot since tears still fell down his face. In the middle of the kiss I opened my eyes and looked at Gabe. I raised my eyebrows as I gave him a hint to run. He thankfully took the hint and ran out of the room. " Goodbye Tate" I say as I pulled back.

=====

My mom, dad, Violet, and I stand outside in the dark as the newcomers drove off. We were huddled together as I wrapped my arm around Violet. " Some other poor family's just gonna move here. Suckers who will have no idea what they're in for" Mom sighs. " And we know exactly what to do"

=====

Violet and I hung ornaments on the tree as The Little Drummer boy plays quietly in the background. " I found these in the attic" Moira says bringing a box of more ornaments. " Wow. These ornaments are ancient!" Violet chuckles while she holds one in her hands.

" I suppose they are. You'll come to understand. Violet, that the word " ancient" will lose all its meaning when your entire existence is one long today" Moira explains. " Isn't that all of our existence?" I laughed. I looked over at Violet as we both nodded. " Okay, everybody ready!" We announce.

All of a sudden, the tree lights up as Dad stands up from the other side. " Look at that. I chopped it down myself, I'm proud to say. Have you ever seen anything so beautiful." He asks amazed by the tree. " I have" Mom sings as she walks into the room with the baby in her arms. " Look at him. He's so amazing. Best temperament. Hardly ever cries. Looks like his daddy" She smiles.

Violet finishes up the tree as she sat down. I stepped off the ladder and walked over to the box. I grabbed another ornament to hang on the tree as I carefully stepped back up onto the ladder. " I didn't think it was possible for me, Vivien. But I'm happy" Dad smiles.

I looked over at them as me and Violet laughed. I gave them a toothy smile as I hung the ornament on the tree. As I looked around the room behind mom and Dad I noticed both Hayden and Tate outside, staring at me though one of the windows. They stared angrily at the five of us having a nice time inside. My smile fades as I quickly look at the ground. I turned back to the tree trying to keep a thought out of my head.

What if I forgave him?

=====

Finally done with the plotline! It has been amazing to write this book! I will post another chapter but it will NOT follow the episode in Apocalypse. It will have parts of it in the chapter but I wanted to do something a bit different. I had the idea for about a month when I started writing the book so I hope you enjoy the chapter!

-V

1311 words