Don't leave

CAMRYN'S POV

I sat in the basement rolling the little red ball back and forth with Beu while he sat in the darkness. " You want to play? Come out. I won't hurt you" I call out towards the corner. I roll the ball into the darkness a bit upset that he didn't want to play but I did tell him to go away so I guess it's karma.

" Who are you talking to?" A voice asks as I whipped my head around. " No one ben" I mumble as he looks at me with a confused look on his face, waiting at the stairs. He stares at me for a moment when I stood up and crossed my arms. " Come upstairs. There's something we need to discuss" Ben tells me as I look down.

I scoff to myself as he walks down the stairs, me following close behind. " Wait a sec. A discussion? Oh fuck i'm dead" I muttered for only me to here.

======

" I just got off the phone with Mrs. Levinson. Camryn, you haven't been to school for 2 weeks. What is going on?" Ben says as I lower my head. Violet was also there for some reason, probably because Ben is going to use her as a motive.

I crossed my legs and arms as I looked dead at him. " I don't like it there. It's boring, and they bully me" I stated. " What does that mean?" Ben says quickly as I roll my eyes. I shifted in my seat before realizing what he was doing. " That is so you. Some kids say they're bullied and their parents just pull them right out. You ask me to define bullying" I snap.

" Have you told your mom about this?" He asks. Violet and I laughed. " How is it that a big, fancy shrink hasn't noticed that his wife has totally lost her shit?" Violet laughs as I look at her. " Camryn. Look at me. Look at me" Ben demands as I look at him with innocent yet raging eyes.

" What's going on with her?" He questions as I smirk. " Well, when she's not in bed or worrying about absolutely everything, she's eating raw brains. Maybe she thinks the twins are stealing hers 'cause that's kind of how it seems." Violet answers for me.

His face goes pale and he scoots over to sit in the chair rather than the arm of it. " Well, it sounds like, um, your mom is depressed. And you're feeling very alone and isolated. " He concludes as I glared at him.

" This isn't about me! I'm saying Mom's crazy, and it's your fault. You drove her crazy! You're a cheater. Young girls, old ladies with feather dusters. You're so weird and pathetic. I'm surprised you haven't gone after me or Violet. Your own daughters" I yell as I point dead at him.

" I'm still your father. Don't talk to me like that" He yells as I stand up. " You have never been my father Ben. I don't have any more to say anyway. Sessions over. Come on Vi" I say getting up and grabbing Violet's hands. I leave the room as Ben keeps calling my name over and over again. What a creep.

=====

" Camryn! Camryn wake up!" I slowly open my eyes and squint as I see mom running around my room. " Mom what are you doing?" I ask sitting up. "We're leaving this house tonight. We're going to Aunt Jo's." She says frantically. " What?" I ask waking up a bit. " We're not spending another night here. Now!" She yells.

I threw off my covers getting up as I saw Violet also getting ready. Thank god she's coming with us.

====

I follow behind mom as I hold Violets hand making sure she doesn't fall behind. We walked to the car bags in hand rushing to leave the house as quickly as we could. The door slams shut as I look up to see Tate. Shit not now. He watched me with a look of anger as I sigh. I walked over to the passenger's door as he looked at me worriedly.

I felt awful leaving him alone in that place. I mean he's trapped there for eternity and I was the one making it not feel that awful. I look over to my mom as she gets into the car. She mumbled for me to get in as I looked back at Tate. I looked between him and mom not knowing what to do.