9 - Kiss

The unknown number turned out to be Carlos. 

I still don't really understand his intentions completely. I'm sure it wasn't absolutely necessary for him to know my private number to reserve a table or find out if I was working.

But I told him anyway that I would be at the restaurant in the evening. I'm curious to see where this is going. It's possible that it's just me being weird and it would be perfectly normal for everyone else.

━━━━━━

"I didn't think you would come to us again so soon." - I said to Carlos as they sat down at the table.

"He loves the view and wanted to see it again." - one of his friends said as he faked a cough. Not quite sure I fully understood what he was saying, I looked at him confused.

"We are leaving tomorrow morning and wanted to have a good meal before that." - Carlos quickly deflected the conversation.

"And there is no better place in the whole area." - his friend sounded quite sarcastic.

"Ok, how about we talk about what you'd like to drink?" - they seemed more and more strange, so I thought it better to end the conversation.

━━━━━━

"Do you like Formula 1?" - his friend asked me as I put the bill on their table.

"I've never watched it. Not really my interest." - I smiled slightly.

"You should start watching this weekend. I can recommend someone you can support." - he grinned.

"I think she's big enough to decide what she wants to watch." - it was obvious that Carlos was uncomfortable.

"I'll check what channels are available on my TV, but I can't make any promises." - I laughed.

"You can also watch it online." - his friend became very excited.

"Sorry, but we have to go now." - Carlos said as he put the money on the table and headed for the door.

"See you later." - his friend said to me with a grin as he followed him.

"Good luck for the weekend." - I shouted after them.

Carlos stopped at the door, smiled at me and waved before he went out.

━━━━━━

The next day I was at the store to buy a coffee before school because I was really tired. 

I thought a lot last night about Carlos and what his friends said. I have a feeling he likes me. He seemed embarrassed, but I saw something in his eyes as he looked back at me from the door. I don't know how to handle the situation. He's a very nice and funny guy, but I just can't get those green eyes out of my head. It's nonsense, I know.