28 - In your room

"Why are they looking for me?" - Carlos asked in a sleepy voice.

"We should've left already; we have a bunch of things to do before the race, and you haven't even checked your messages." - Charles snapped.

"Sorry, I forgot to set the alarm." - Carlos excused.

"Get yourself together and let's go. I'll help you gather your stuff." - Charles came into the room with determined steps, but he stopped and froze completely after a moment.

At first, I regretted not trying to hide, but after he saw me, there wasn't much I could do about it, so I decided to just go with the flow and see what happens.

"Good morning, Leclerc." - I greeted him, as if there was nothing odd about this situation.

"What the fuck is this?" - he pointed at me, looking nervously at Carlos.

"It's good to see you too." - I grimaced.

"I wasn't talking to you, so shut up." - he said, not even looking at me, just gesturing with his hand for me to stay out of it.

I wanted to retort, but Carlos intervened. - "Calm down mate. I don't want you talking like this in my room, especially not to Milla. What's got into you?"

"Everyone is waiting for you while you are just busy hooking up. This girl fucking blew your mind." - Charles explained angrily.

"You're overreacting, we are not that late. Relax." - Carlos tried to stay calm - "But you guys can go ahead without me and we can meet at the track."

"Do you want to fuck her so badly again that you don't even care about your job?" - Charles spoke more and more irritated.

"Okay, listen to me, Charles." - Carlos stepped in front of him - "I know there's a lot of pressure on you because this is a really important day, finally starting from pole position." - he put his hands on Charles shoulders - "But please, don't vent your stress like this."

Charles stood silent for a few moments, biting the inside of his mouth. - "Sorry." - he suddenly murmured and then headed for the door.

"I'll hurry, I promise." - Carlos called after him.

Charles stopped and turned back, looking for my gaze. I expected hatred on his face, but it was even worse.

His eyes were filled with sadness and disappointment, making me feel like my soul was shattering into pieces.

He lowered his eyes and walked away, closing the door behind him without saying a word.

I had a feeling that this scene was not meant for Carlos but for me. I wanted to run after him to explain myself, but I knew I wouldn't be able to say anything.

It was his big day.

And instead of supporting him, I probably had sex with his teammate.