3 - Take me home

I didn't do anything useful during the day on Friday. To be honest, I was starting to get nervous about the evening. At first it seemed like a good idea, but I realized that the past period has made me much more introverted than I thought. 

I do not know anyone here. I'll be standing there by myself in a corner while everyone else is with their friends. Who would be curious about me? I can't just walk up to people and say "please be my friend". 

I tried to overcome my stupid thoughts so instead of worrying, I put on my make-up and ironed my clothes before putting them on because I'm still dressing out of my suitcase.

After I was completely ready, I headed towards the nightclub without thinking so I wouldn't change my mind. 

The bus dropped me off quite close, so I got there after a short walk

The bus dropped me off quite close, so I got there after a short walk. I could hear the music from far away.

Many people were smoking outside the place and it looked like they had already had a few drinks. 

After the guards let me in, I didn't know where to go or what to do. I wasn't sure if it was really a good idea to come here. But since I already did, I decided to get myself a drink.

I sat there alone with my cuba libre for a while, then went to the bathroom.

All my hopes were gone and I was already looking for which bus should I take home, when two girls came up to me and one of them asked me something in italian.

"Sorry I don't understand you." - I thought it would be better if I didn't just say "si" now.
"I just asked if you are okay." - she clarified now in english.
"Oh, yes, thanks." - I answered smiling.
"We saw that you were alone at the bar and now here as well. Where are your friends?" - asked me the other girl.
"Actually, it's just me here." - I was embarassed.
"If you need some company, you can join us." - they offered.
"You know what? Let's drink something. It's on me." - I couldn't believe that I finally didn't have to spend the evening alone.

━━━━━

While we drank a few rounds of shots, it turned out that their names are Ludovica and Greta, we have the same major in college and they also taking their classes in english language, so I was very happy that I might not be alone for the whole semester. Both of them are very energetic, full of life and I'm sure they won't let me get bored. I think this is exactly what I need.

We danced and sang for hours. I'm sure that tomorrow I won't feel my legs and I won't be able to speak.

 I'm sure that tomorrow I won't feel my legs and I won't be able to speak