6 - Gelato

The next day I spent the whole day at the university because I had a lot of classes, and then we stayed there together with Ludo and Greta to study for hours.

I was glad that I didn't have to be alone at home and I could divert my thoughts from yesterday. I told them what happened to me, but I left Carlos out of the story. It's better if they don't know about it.

━━━━━

I was about to go home when my phone rang. It was my boss from the restaurant. At first I didn't want to pick it up, I just muted it and waited for him to hang up.

It rang for so long that I finally decided to bring out my responsible grown-up self and pick it up.

"Hallo?" - I tried to prepare myself for the worst.

"Hey Kamilla. I just called to ask how you are feeling after yesterday." - he sounded like he really cared.

"Uhm, I don't know really." - I was very surprised, I didn't even know what to say.

"I'm very sorry for what happened, it was all my fault. I shouldn't have thrown you in at the deep end." - he apologised.

"No, don't be sorry. I was the one who screwed up." - I didn't think I'd be the one to comfort him.

"Take as much rest as you want, but please call me when you are ready to come back. We need you." - he was really nice and I was very happy that it turned out that way.

I agreed and we hung up. 

Maybe this adult life isn't as terrible as it seemed yesterday.

━━━━━

On my way back home, I was in such a good mood that I decided to surprise myself with something. I had been craving ice cream for days, but it was getting late and the nearby ice cream parlors were already closed. Luckily the grocery store I always go to was still open.

As I walked between the shelves, I saw a long queue at the fridges. I was sure I wasn't going home without ice cream, so I started looking around to see if I needed anything else, hoping people would leave soon.

 I was sure I wasn't going home without ice cream, so I started looking around to see if I needed anything else, hoping people would leave soon