27 - Memories

"I can't believe they are back together." - Ludo said as she applied makeup for dinner. - "And I saw them with my own eyes..."

"Do you think we can take a selfie with her?" - Greta asked excitedly, sitting on the edge of the bathtub.

"I'm definitely not going home without one." - Ludo stated firmly.

"She is even more gorgeous in real life." - Greta shook her head in disbelief.

"Who are you talking about?" - I curiously walked into the bathroom to do something with my hair.

"Charlotte, of course." - Ludo looked at me through the mirror, raising her eyebrow like it was obvious.

"What do you think of her?" - Greta turned to me.

"I don't know." - I said casually, choosing not to delve into my exact thoughts - "She is nice, I guess."

"Oh my gosh, wait a minute. I always forget that you are a Charles fan." - Ludo suddenly stopped what she was doing and turned to me - "She is nice, right?" - she started grinning smugly - "You are J-E-A-L-O-S."

"You missed the 'U'." - Greta noted quietly.

"No one cares about the 'U' now." - Ludo rolled her eyes.

"I am not jealous, okay?" - I said confidently before she could continue - "I just don't know anything about her, and I don't wanna form an opinion only by seeing her."

"Totally fair." - Greta agreed - "I think now we know whose karma brought us here." - she nodded towards me while looking at Ludo, signaling to her that she should follow my behavior.

"Interesting." - Ludo hummed - "Then why don't you follow this mindset back at university?"-  she asked me, expecting an explanation but knowing I wouldn't be able to convince her that she was not right.

I had just opened my mouth to speak my mind when Greta cut in - "Okay, let's stop this." - she stepped between us, giving Ludo a look - "You think everyone is as delulu as you."

"Don't say that I'm delulu; we are literally in the same building with them!" - Ludo freaked out - "It's like the doors of opportunities have been opened; we just have to go in."

"I don't want to enter any door." - I said firmly, still trying to prove her wrong.

"You know what..." - Ludo folded her arms  - "That's great, because Cha is here and she is a literal goddess." - she strongly emphasized the end of the sentence, then continued - "No offense." - she definitely meant it as an offense - "But your door is not just closed; it's locked by 10 different ways and guarded by a dragon inside a volcano."

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath, then switched to a calm tone - "How about we change the subject and go down to dinner?"

━━━━━

"Literally everything I can imagine is on the menu here, I haven't even heard of half of these." - Greta said, scanning through the menu.

"Yeah, but it's a shame Carlos isn't on it." - Ludo remarked.

I didn't pay much attention to them because I was completely preoccupied with wondering when Charles would show up hand in hand with Charlotte. I started feeling a bit paranoid because every other person who entered the restaurant I thought was him. My stomach had shrunk so much from nerves that I was sure I'd probably throw up even at the sight of food.

"Are you looking for Charles?" - Ludo asked, grinning.

"Please, let's not start this again." - I sighed.