Spending time with your best friend- Jay

Kai's POV:

I'm secretly creeping through the hallways towards their room. I carefully open the door without making a squeak and slide across the floorboards. I'm so close now! If I jus-

"Kai Smith! If you even think about trying to jumpscare me whilst I'm watching Harry Potter, I will kick your ass into next year!"

I quickly retracted my arms away from y/n and put them behind my back. "What do you mean? I asked, "I wasn't gonna do anything"

"Sure" y/n said sarcastically.

"Whatever" I retorted and flopped onto their bed, "which Harry potter are you watching?" 

"Half -blood prince" 

"You've watched all the other 5 already?! It's not even 10 in the morning yet!" I exclaimed. Y/n  rolled her eyes and hit me with a pillow. 

"I haven't watched the others, Kai. I just skipped them because the sixth is the best" she replied. 

"How so?" 

"Because it focuses around Draco Malfoy, you gonk!" Y/n  said and ruffled my hair.

I swatted her hands away, "Hey! Not the hair! And anyways, isn't Draco the mean one? Aren't you meant to hate him and love Harry Potter? You know, considering Malfoy is a snake and Potter's a hero". Y/n paused the TV and turned to face me with a look that could kill. 

"What did I do now?" I groaned. 

"One", y/n ranted, "Potter is not a hero. A hero isn't a selfish egotistical prick who uses the fact that he's the chosen one as an excuse for everything. And two, Draco is not a snake. The only reason why he isn't particularly nice to potter is because Draco's father asked him to befriend Potter on the first day, so the Malfoy name could rise. Potter declined this which resulted in Lucius being awful to Draco and he got blamed for something that wasn't even his fault". 

"Bloody hell" I gasped. 

"Yup" y/n agreed.

"Wait!" I realised, "But Malfoy calls Hermonie a mudblood and he's awful to the Weasleys" 

"True" y/n replied, "But then again, you need to think about it, Kai. Draco's parents, or at least his dad, brought him up to think all witches and wizards who aren't purebloods, are below him. Draco is a product of his upbringing ".

"Ahh okay" I said.

Y/n unpaused the movie and we started watching it again. 

"But that doesn't explain why Malfoy is always cold-hearted" I reasoned. 

"Lucius told Draco it was weak to show emotion. Draco was absolutely petrified of his father. Hell, even his boggart took shape of Lucuis. Therefore, Draco rarely shows his emotions" y/n explained. 

"Okay" . Its pointless to try talk to her about this, she really is a Potterhead. "Kai, you really are a Gryffindor  aren't you? You hate all Slytherins". 

"Maybe, but you're a  smart Ravenclaw" I replied. 

 I loved writing this. You can clearly tell who I love and hate for the exact reasons I have listed. I am Ravenclaw which is why I put y/n as one but feel free to change it. I hope all my Harry potter knowledge was right. Let me know which house you're in.