Prologue

In a hole in the ground there lived a hobbit. But this story does not start in that warm and cozy hole. Our story starts on a river on a bright and early morning. It starts with the discovery of a girl floating gently down a lazy river and a high lady looking for a moment of peace.

When the Lady Galadriel found the small child wrapped in a blanket, nestled in a basket, floating gently in the water, she had an inkling of a feeling that this girl would see great things, do great things, and if Galadriel was right it would mean that someone would have to foster and growth child so that she may do those things. So Galadriel plucked the basket from the water and brought her to the great golden wood of Lothlorien as the sky turned pink with the sun.

This is where our story starts. With a child of man being raised by elves, a lady of the Lothlorien court and the approach of a wizard looking to start an adventure. 

AN: I'm new to this so don't come at me. This book is mainly following the movies though I am starting the book so we'll see if that comes into play. I am also adding some of my own stuff which leads me to the part where I tell you I don't own any rights except for my characters and their story lines. Do with that what you will.