Red part-1

●DAY 1●

Abigail's POV

"You have to hold it like this."I told Mr. Walia who was trying to paint on the canvas. He wasn't holding the brush properly.

"I think I should give up.These kids are better than me."he said in sad tone while looking at the other kids in the workshop.They really were painting way better than him.

I tried to suppress my laugh as he made a grumpy face like kids have when they find others doing better than them. "Give it a try come on.Let me show you how to stroke the brush."with this I held his hand in mine. The touch sent warmth to my hand. I tried to concentrate on the canvas so that I would be able to control my heartbeat that was racing due to our proximity.

"Abigail Didi, look what I drew."said Shanaya overjoying with the fact that she was the first one to complete her painting then rest. I withdrew my hand from his and went to the place where Shanaya was.This girl really had picked up the art fast.She had drawn a little girl like her playing with a unicorn.It was really good considering her small age.

Then shouted Vihan"Abigail Di, I am done too. I have drawn a horse running in the meadows. "He said with a smirk and then added"It's real horse and not some imaginary thing like unicorn."

Shanaya's smile dropped imidiately after hearing those words. I wrapped her in my arms and placed a kiss on her cheek. This made her feel better. Then I turned to Vihan who was still mocking Shanaya's drawing along with other kids.

"Vihan, you shouldn't make fun of someone like this. She is younger to you and to be honest her painting is really good."I told him.He scowled in response and looked away.

"Hey, does anyone want to see how the horse from Mars looks?"asked Mr.Walia in excited tone.I shot him a surprised look. Soon all the kids gathered around him.They were laughing while clutching their stomach.When I went closer to them, I had to try hard to control my laugh. Look what I am doing? I just lectured Vihan and now I am doing the same thing.

He had drawn an animal which could scarcely qualify to be a horse.It definitely was from Mars since it looked like an alien with those uneven limbs and bulgy eyes. And his tail was hardly noticeable as it was so shorter than his body.

He was now talking to Shanaya. These two really got along well with each other.She was helping him to fix the tail of the horse by painting it further long.He will definitely make a good father, I thought to myself.

I was brought back from my trance by her next question to him"Are you dating my Didi?" We both were taken a back by surprise. Kids these days. He looked at me as if he was gauging my reaction to her question.I tried hard to cover the blush on my face. "No, we aren't."he replied casually. Did he really mean that.I don't know why but my face dropped when I heard those words.

"Will you be my boyfriend then?"she asked innocently. This made me smile a little. I was watching them with curiosity. "Sure, but what would I get if I be your boyfriend?"he asked faking seriousness. She immediately scooped out something from the pocket of her frock.Then she placed it on his hand. It was a chocolate.

"Oh!! That's it.only one."he said in sad tone.He really looked cute when he said that. Shanaya said in response"I will also teach you to paint." He grined from ear to ear. "That's like my girlfriend."he said while pulling her cheeks.

"So boyfriend, are you coming to the picnic?"she asked him expectantly. He shot me a confused look. "I am taking them and the kids from 'Ashiyana'on a picnic this Saturday."I told him. "Now will you come? Please say yes."said Shanaya making a puppy face. He thought for a while. I knew he was a busy man.He was already spending so much time out of his work life.Since it was our last week together. I don't know why but I feel very uneasy when I think about my life after this one week.Will it be the same?