Unsure

Eri Pov

We headed towards where Tora and Tsuki had come from. I was nervous. I could disable their quirks, neutralizing them as threats. But I still wasn't sure. I didn't know if I should use my powers for something like that again. 

But if I had to, I would. 

The villains came back into sight, and we hid in the bushes. Kota told us that we should get the jump on them if we could. I trusted him. 

When he became a hero, he would probably be a pretty awesome strategist. 

Tora attacked a villain who was a little farther away from the rest of the group. She knocked him out and dragged him into the bushes. 

The others turned around, confused. 

"Where the hell did he go? Fucking coward...." 

Kota knocked out a second one who was grumbling while the others weren't looking. 

Now there just five for us to handle. 

Kota looked to me and Katsuma, nodding to signal that we could come and attack now. I tackled one of them to the ground, Katsuma did the same. 

The villains shouted and Miryoku used his quirk on another couple villains with his sister. 

Kota shot a torrent of water at the villain who was wrestling with me. The villain was shot into a tree. 

He groaned and seemed to fall into unconsciousness. 

"Thanks!" I shouted to him. He nodded and we went to help our friends. I ripped someone away from the struggling Tsuki. He growled, punched me in the jaw and I kicked him in the ribs. The villain staggered back. Tora scratched him across the face and pushed him to the ground. 

"Are you okay, Kitten?" Tora asked. 

"Yeah, thank you, Tora." 

She smiled and went to help Tsuki. 

She punched the villain back, sending him flying. 

We looked around to see if there were anymore. But it looked like we were in the clear. But I had this.... Creeping feeling. Like it had been too easy...

Maybe I was just still full of nerves. Kota patted me on the shoulder.

"You held your own. Good job." 

I beamed. "Thanks. You were pretty amazing too." 

He cracked a rare smile, and I noticed his cheeks had gotten a bit pink. 

"Are you okay?"

He only pulled his hat in front of his face. I tilted my head. 

"Hey! Guys! What should we do now?" Tora asked.

"Uh-"

"No need." 

I turned around to see my dad. I gulped. 

He walked over to the unconscious villains. "I heard noises outside. Sorry I didn't get here sooner. But you have violated several rules. But I think I can overlook it. I'll tell everyone I got these villains myself. Just don't tell anyone about this little incident, alright?"

I nodded, sighing with relief. 

He escorted us back to our dorms and took care of the villains. He hid it, but he seemed like he was worried. 

When we got to my room, he sat down on my bed with me. "Were they after you?"

I nodded; I couldn't look at him. He sighed. 

"Look, I'm worried about your brother too. I don't want you to get captured either. It's not your fault. But... Please try to take more care." 

I nodded. "I understand. I'll do my best."

He patted me on the shoulder. "Now, it's been a long night for everyone. Get some sleep."

I nodded as he got up to leave. I laid down but couldn't sleep, thinking about everything that was happening right now. 

Shinso was gone.... Overhaul had escaped.... Villains were after me.... They had nearly killed or captured my friends. And it was my fault. 

What could I do? How was I going to get through this? Who else that I loved would they come after? 

My father? Tora? Tsuki? Miryoku? Katsuma?...... Kota? 

I knew they probably wouldn't be able to go after Deku or Lemillion. But that didn't stop my thoughts from wandering there. 

I took a deep breath. Maybe I could get through this if I pretended everything was okay.... Maybe by then, I would believe it...

I hoped so. I could try it tomorrow. I just hoped it would last long enough for me to deal with this.