Chapter 14 | Captivity

Weeks passed and Aqua and I landed on the unfamiliar island, excitement and curiosity coursed through my veins. We were always eager to explore new territories, but little did we know that danger lurked around the corner.

As we scouted the island, our senses on high alert, a sudden rustling in the bushes sent shivers down my spine. Before we could react, we were ambushed by a group of armed individuals, led by none other than the infamous Dagur, the berserker chief's deranged son.

"Well, well, well, what do we have here?" Dagur sneered, his eyes locking onto us with malice. "A dragon rider and her dragon. You'll fetch a pretty price in the dark market!"

Before I could utter a word, a bludgeon struck my head with a sickening thud. Darkness consumed me, and I knew nothing more.

When I finally regained consciousness, my head throbbed with pain, and my vision swirled with stars. I found myself inside a cramped cage, my body weak and battered. Aqua was beside me, confined in her own cage, her eyes reflecting concern and worry.

"Aqua, are you alright?" I managed to mumble, my head spinning with every word.

She rumbled softly, her gaze filled with worry and determination.

Dagur's voice echoed from somewhere outside the cages, and I tensed at the sound. He approached with a maniacal laugh, his deranged mind taking delight in our capture.

"Well, well, well, the little dragon lover is finally awake," Dagur taunted. "You should feel honored to be my prisoner."

My anger flared at his mocking tone, and I struggled to gather my strength. As my emotions surged, a sudden surge of energy coursed through me, and my hair lit up in blue flames, a clear sign of my powers. Dagur's eyes widened in surprise as he took in the display of my magic.

"Hmm, looks like you might be more valuable than I thought," he mused, a twisted smile playing on his lips. "Perhaps your magic can be useful to me."

But as he reached out towards Aqua, he hesitated, seemingly wary of my newfound power. "Fine, I'll leave your precious dragon alone for now," he sneered, "but don't think it'll save you."

Dagur left, and I turned my attention to Aqua, trying to comfort her through the bars of the cage. "We'll find a way out of this, Aqua," I whispered, my voice shaky but determined. "We've gotta stay strong, okay."

Aqua leaned against the bars, seeking comfort from my touch, her eyes reflecting unwavering loyalty and trust. I knew that as long as we were together, we could face whatever challenges lay ahead.

The throbbing pain in my head intensified, and my stomach churned with nausea. I leaned over and retched into a bucket that Dagur had left in the cage, my concussed state making everything feel hazy and disoriented.

Aqua nudged against me with concern, her eyes filled with worry. I mustered a weak smile despite my condition. "It's alright, Aqua," I assured her, though my voice wavered. "I'll be okay, just need a moment."

As the ship swayed with the waves, my head pounded, and my thoughts drifted in and out of focus. I clung to the hope of escape, vowing to protect Aqua no matter the cost.

With every fiber of my being, I vowed to find a way out of this dire situation and take down the deranged Dagur, for Aqua's sake and for the freedom we both deserved. But the road ahead seemed treacherous, and as I closed my eyes, the ship's creaking sounds merged with the echoes of Dagur's laughter, leaving me to wonder what he had in store for me.