Chapter 37

After being stuck in a daze from the event that just took place sonic headed inside, the thought of shadow almost kissing him never escaping his mind. He walked over to the staircase planing on heading up to his room until he saw a sleepy looking fox at the top "sonic?" Tails said, his tone sounded unsure as if he was trying to confirm his suspicion "the one and only" Sonic responded with his signature smirk that made the foxes eyes light up "i knew it would work!" Tails said excitedly then quickly flew down the stairs, to jump into his brothers arms.  "Of course it would! If you made it it's bound to work" he gave his little brother a tight squeeze before letting him down onto the ground "thanks again tails, you're the best" he said as he ruffled the kits bangs.

Tails smiled happily "It was no problem" he was enjoying the praise especially since that was the hardest work he's done in a while but he had to admit the small challenge was a nice change of pace, he even learned something hardly anyone knew any information on, "I'm just lucky enough you and shadow haven't beaten each other up yet" tails said with a laugh "i guess that's true" sonic said, it had been a while since the two hedgehogs had a psychical fight it's mostly just been play fighting and normal arguments nothing too bad, there was no
... psychical fighting..

Sonics face heated up and immediately covered his face with his hand in embarrassment which received a confused look from the other "sonic? What's wrong?" Tails asked innocently "n-nothing i'm fine" he said trying to regain his composure, he felt like he was going crazy "so.. have you heard anything from the others?" Sonic was quick to change the subject but tails didn't question it "not since you and shadow left for GUN, i only told them i was making the antidote" tails said "do they know me and shadow are back to normal yet?" Sonic asked and tail's simply shook his head.

'Maybe that's a good thing' sonic thought, it was waaay better than getting jumped by Amy "i can tell them tomorrow" the hedgehog said, it looked kinda dark out still and besides after all that happened he needed a little 'me time', though he felt a bit bad that he might've woken tails up from his sleep since it was so late "let's go to bed, I'll tuck you in" he said picking up tails holding him under his arm as he walked up the stairs to the foxes room "sonic i'm too old to be tucked in" the kit fussed "don't be like that you love it when i tuck you in" sonic smiled and tails just pouted.
__

He put tails to bed then headed to his own room were he laid down planing on getting some rest as well, so he closed his eyes, and relaxed.. and relaxed.. he couldn't sleep.

He opened his eyes and just stared at his ceiling feeling bored now, no adventures, no Eggman to fight, no friends to talk to right now, and lastly.. no shadow 'why'd he have to leave so soon anyways?' Sonic thought as everything went to silence only the sound of crickets chirping outside were heard

...

....

.....

'I miss him'

It was true, but why wouldn't he? Shadow was like his best friend now so it was normal. Though it felt a little.. weird, he's never missed anyone like this before. All this thinking about the striped hedgehog really made his mind wander, especially what had happened before shadow had left. Why did he kiss shadow in the first place?? Thinking about it now it seemed strange even kind of embarrassing looking back on it the, and to be honest he no longer regretted it.. since it resulted in shadow playing along in the end..

Sonic immediately sat up in his bed his face burning up again. He buried his face in his hands, there was no way this was the only thing he could think about at this hour at this late.  trying to think of how to distract himself, he let his mind wonder onto something else, something unrelated to what happened. He was pretty hungry maybe that was a start, he got up and went back downstairs heading to the kitchen to get himself a bowl of cereal in the dark room. He walked into the living room with his bowl of cereal in one hand and the TV remote in the other as he sat on the couch just staring at the lit up screen. He had put on the first movie he saw nothing too interesting it was pretty cliche actually, sonic thought he would fall asleep but his body was too awake to let his mind rest.

with his back leaning against the arm rest he tried to enjoy the movie. Now that he knew it would be a while until sleep took its course over him.  he ate his semi-soggy cereal engrossing himself in his only piece of entertainment.