Breach

"What's the situation, Lyla?" Miguel, the Spider-Man of the year 2099 from Earth-928, asked his AI assistant.

Lyla zipped around the holographic screens of his personnel lab, for once in her digital existence looking deadly serious. "You're not gonna like this."

The screens flashed and footage from another Earth appeared. From what Miguel could tell, it seemed to be a basic Earth. There didn't seem to be any defining features that could recognise at first glance. The live footage showed the Avengers of this Earth fighting a new treat in New York.

At first, Miguel wasn't sure what he was looking at, but then he saw it. Blue strings hung over the street, with civilians being held captive. Red bones protruded from the ground and buildings and even flew through the air. Great black dragon skulls floated around, appearing and disappearing seemingly at random to blast the heroes. All come from one source.

A short black skeleton wearing a large hoodie, with those same strings wrapped around his fingers. He seemed to be throwing a tantrum of some kind.

Miguel growled, subconsciously unsheathing his claws. He knew who that skeleton was and exactly where he came from. He hoped they would never have to deal with them but he had also been secretly itching for a chance like this.

He turned around, the screens disappearing behind him. He typed some commands into a metallic watch wrapped around his wrist and an orange hexagonal portal appeared in front of him. His Spider-Man suit materialized over his clothes and ordered Lyla, "Alert the council and send in a containment team. I want that anomaly in his cell in an hour."

///

Error yelled in frustration when that stupid frisbee hit him again. This was wrong. Everything about this was wrong. He should have destroyed this AU by now, but these humans were stronger than he had ever thought to be possible. He could barely keep up with them.

He stood on his several feet in the air on strings, which hung between the countless skyscrapers that he had found himself in. For some reason, he was weaker in this universe. His clothes were tattered, his arms were heavy and he could feel his joints cracking. These humans had to be cheating. There was no other explanation.

"Damn you, Dirty Hackers!" Error yelled as he reached out. Blue strings shot out of each of his fingers and the Avengers dodged. The strings ended up hitting solid concrete or got tangled with random objects on the street.

Captain America ducked behind an overturned car, hoping to buy enough time to catch his breath. "Status report?" he asked, the message immediately being delivered to each Avenger's ear.

"We're almost done evacuating civilians and the police have finished establishing the perimeter," Clint said as he helped a kid out of a tipped-over car.

"Wish we could say the same, Legalos." Iron Man snarked, blasting out of the way from a beam from those dragon skulls. "This guy's tough. I'm starting to think we might have to throw him through a sky scrapper or two."

"Don't bother, Tony," Wanda said, as she manipulated some rubble to form a wall that protected her from a bone attack, "I've fought my fair share of skeletons. Trust me when I say that we are wearing him down."

"Seriously? I couldn't tell." She-Hulk joked, as she leapt into the air and punched the skeleton, who was standing on some of his strings like a swing, causing more 'Errors' to flash on his body.

"That's good, right." Scott Lang said as he used his giant body to prevent a building from tipping over as Silk webbed it together.

"It's all good, Scott!" she exclaimed when she was done, swinging in front of the Giant-Man and giving him a thumbs up, one that he returned once he let go of the tower. He shrunk down to his regular size, before shrinking again and jumping on a flying ant.