Sick Love (Akira Otoishi x Reader)

**Note: Man, I struggled with this one. I just kept starting and stopping on it and getting increasingly frustrated. I kept finding plot holes and inconsistencies and it was driving me crazy trying to fix them all without completely changing what I was trying to convey. Well it's done now and I really hope it's good enough. I did this while taking a break from "Kinder Than Love" because I was struggling with that one too, but don't worry, I'll be resuming work on it just as soon as I post this!**

**Another picker wheel story prompt with a character I've not written for yet**

Prompt: Darling finds out about yandere's murder/s.

There was a time when the roar of the crowd was enough for Akira. Having all those people looking up at him with amazement, excitement, and awe reserved only for gods was all he needed. The way women looked at him with their eyes filled with tears and desperation as they reached out, aching to touch him, struggling to just be able to feel the fabric of his clothing or even just heat from his body as if that alone would grant them some kind of salvation...it used to be enough to keep him satisfied.

Not anymore.

Because THEY weren't YOU.

After meeting you, getting to know you, falling for you...

Everything changed.

Everything felt empty and lifeless when you weren't involved.

Even his beloved music sounded dull, generic, and lacked the edge it needed to make him the star he deserved to be.

But, he started writing songs inspired by his love for you and it launched him into a new popularity almost overnight. He put every ounce of his love and longing into his music and EVERYONE could feel it. At first he feared that the new sound would drive his old fans (what little he had at the time) away. But no. They loved it. Even the critics took notice and raved about how his songs hit harder, felt grittier and more intense than ever before. People were singing along at his performances. They never did that before. His dream of being the greatest rocker the world had ever seen was becoming a reality. And it was all thanks to you!

You had to be some kind of angel.

HIS ANGEL.

But it wasn't until after he gained stardom that he realized how important you were to him. He would be nothing without you. You were the one to put him on the right path and you did it for no reason at all. You wanted no payment and asked for no favors. You did it simply because you cared about him. That's when he realized he loved you and he could never, ever let you go. He couldn't let things go back to the way they were without you. Even if he stayed famous, he wouldn't be able to live without you. He loved you that much.

But there was one thing that he hated about his relationship with you, and that was the fact that he had to keep it a secret.

His manager kept going on and on about keeping up appearances. He told Akira that a lot of his fans would be very unhappy if they found out that he was in a relationship. For the sake of his career, he was forced to pretend to be single. Sure. Fine. He could handle that. It was safer for you anyway. Some of his groupies got a little... well... carried away sometimes. If they found out about you, they'd track you down and tear you apart. He couldn't have that. So for your own safety, it was better that he kept you a secret.

So maybe pretending he was single was fine when he was in the limelight. He could always make up for it later when he was home and it was just the two of you.

But what he couldn't handle...

What he absolutely couldn't tolerate...

...was his manager telling him to break up with you.