Chapter 4

Simon Riley "Ghost"

"Ghost, are you okay?" Soap asks while I make myself yet another coffee this dreadful morning. "Yes, I am." I said as I put two sugars in the cup, I hope this poison keeps me awake.

"Did you sleep, at all?" He sat beside me while I took a sip of my coffe, "I couldn't." I mumbled quietly, I haven't slept since we got here. Everytime we get back here, I can't seem to be at peace.

After yesterday's conversation with Leia, I feel like absolute shit. She didn't deserve any of this, any of me...I feel like I'm drowning. Im drowning in my own sorrow.

"Do you want to go somewhere for a couple of days, to clear your mind?" That is a good fucking idea Soap, but I feel like I would lose my mind not knowing where Leia is.

Fuck... Leia. The only girl that can push my limits just by opening her mouth to say something as simple as 'good morning'. "No." I say while taking a puff, I know Johnny is worries but no one can help me right now.

I am confused, distracted, tired.

"Morning." I need to go before I snap again, I can't even look at her, "Price is calling me." Soap stand up from the table and I do the same, "Are we gonna ignore eachother?" I look down at Leia, "No, I need to go."

She grabs my wrist and I flinch, "I'm sorry, Ghost." Her eyes are searching for mine, "Don't." I hate hurting her so much, but I can't help myself. I can't let her get close to me.

"Lieutenant, Price is calling for us." Soap comes back and I look at him, "What is it?" I ask, "We have a mission, it's important... and he wants Leia to come too."

"No, she's not going there with us." I shook my head, "That's an order, Lieutenant." Soap tries to tell me something with his eyes, but I don't get it. Rage washed over me, why is she going with us!?

"Gaz, Leia, get dressed." Soap looks at them and they head upstairs, "What the fuck, MacTavish?" I try not to yell, "I don't fucking know, Ghost, but he told me to not listen to you, like at all. He just wants Leia there."

"She's a distraction!" I took a glass and smashed it onto the ground, "What do you mean?" He sighs while picking up pieces of glass, scattered all over the floor.

"Fucking hell." I mumble.

Fuck you, Price.

+

Leia MacTavish

"Hello, little one, It's so nice to see you again." Captain Price gave me a hug while the boys were changing into their uniforms. "Why am I here? I haven't been to the base im months." I ask.

"I'll tell you everything when we start the briefing.", he says and I nod, I am scared, not for myself but for the boys.

"Task Force 1-4-1, welcome back." Price said when the boys walked in, I never saw them in their "mission" uniforms, just the simple plain ones. I glanced at Ghost and he looks even scarier than usual.

"It's bad, my men, we have to move quickly, but I won't discuss the details in front of the lady. I called Leia in because I want her to say her goodbye's to you in case we don't come back." My heart dropped.

"We always come back." Ghost is confused, and angry. "Yes, we do, but this time... I'm not so sure. I'll give you ten minutes, and then we're off, we'll brief on the plane." Price nodded at us, and then walked off.

"Don't listen to him, Lei. We will come back." Johnny hugged me, "Johnny, what's happening?" I'm on the verge of crying, "I don't know, but everything is going to be okay." He sighed.

"Don't worry, Leia, we won't leave you on your own. We could never." Gaz pulled me into hos embrace as soon as Johnny let me go, "I believe in you boys, I really do." After Gaz let me go, he and Johnny headed outside.

Ghost looked down at me and I took a deep breath, "Can I hug you, Ghost?" I asked and I swear I saw him think about it for a moment, "No."

"Please?" I looked up at him with pleading eyes, "Fine." He whispered and I got closer to him, he bent down a little and I wrapped my hands around his neck. A moment passed before he wrapped his hands around my waist, pulling me in even more.

"Please, come back.", I said and he nodded, not letting me go. "Lieutenant." Price called for Ghost and I swear to God, I'm trying so hard not to cry.

"Lieutenant Riley." Price raised his voice a little and Ghost took a deep breath, "Sleep well, I will bring them home." He said before letting me go. I watched him walk away with Price before I let the tears wash over my face.

I hate this, I hate it so much.

+

Two months later
Third person's point of view

"We took a hit, everybody on their positions!" Ghost shouted while grabbing Gaz and throwing him over his shoulder.

"LT!" Soap ran beside Ghost, also fighting for his life, this is the hardest mission they've been through. "Take shelter!" Ghost glanced at Soap before ducking down behind a ruined vehicle.

"Put Gaz down! Start shooting!" Soap shouted while aiming with his riffle, "Ghost, do you copy!?" Soap couldn't see or hear Ghost and instanly his heart sunk.

"I copy." Ghost silently said while thinking about Leia and how he told her he is gonna bring the boys home, because right now; that doesn't seem very possible.

He put Gaz down slowly and took out his rifle, "C'mon!" He started shooting at the foreign men, "Ghost, I have no bullets left." Soap said and Ghost sighed, "Take shelter, I have to get Gaz to a safe place!" Ghost put Gaz over his shoulder again and started running.

He hopes he will live to tell, because he never saw a war like this.