Chapter 5

Leia MacTavish

Four months later

"Anna, have you heard from Task Force 1-4-1?" I asked my co-worker and she shook her head, "Unfortunately, no, but they are always the hardest to hear from." I glance at her while typing away on my keyboard.

"It's good to have you back in the base, Leia." Jack smiled at me and I gladly smiled back, "Yeah, I missed you guys, for a year I only saw you through the screen." And that's because Price wanted me to be safe.

One of our safety alarms started blaring throught the office, "What's happening?" I asked while covering my ears, God, that sound is annoying. "Someone's coming back." Anna quickly stood up and took my hand, "You better start praying that it's Task Force 1-4-1."

I stood up too and followed her through the base, "Ladies, our soldiers are back!" Another soldier ran past us and I smiled, I hope it's the boys, I really do.

We got to the waiting room and watched the helicopter land through the glass, my heart is beating so fast. "Look Leia, that's Ghost!" She pointed at Ghost who was the first to leave the helicopter.

"Johnny." Oh God, my dear Johnny, his face is all bruised up, but at least he's alive. Wait, where is Gaz? Why isn't he coming out? Forty people are watching the arrival with us, you can hear the whispers in the small room.

"He's out!" One of the soldiers cheered and everyone started clapping when they saw Gaz coming out, his leg is hurt. "MacTavish!" Sergeant Collins shouted across the room and I looked at him, "It's time to say hi to your boys." He smiled and I nodded quickly before following him outside.

The cold air outside made me shiver, but I didn't care, I haven't slept since they got on that plane four months ago. "Johnny!" I shouted and he turned his head to look at me, he lowered his riffle down and ran to me, "I came back! I did!" He said in disbelief and I laughed, "Yes you did."

I hugged him so tight he winced,"Sorry." I mumbled but he shook his head, "At least I know it's real." He smiled at me, and I grinned back.

"Leia! I'll be back soon!" Gaz shouted while going away with the medics, he started to limp after exiting the helicopter.

And then there was Ghost.

With a mask and a riffle still in his hand.

"Go say hi." Johnny patted me on the back and I nodded, my hands trembling. I walked away from Johnny, only to be met by a pair of cold, tired eyes.

"You're back." I whispered while studying his eyes, they softened, they regained some kind of warmth. "I told you I would bring them back." He rasped.

"Are you okay?" I asked while walking closer to him, "Now, I am." He looked around and took a deep breath, "I don't remember telling you, you could work directly at the base."

"Sorry Lieutenant, the Captain approved." I smirked and he shook his head, "Go back to work, then." He lowered his riffle, while taking his bloody vest off.

"I'm happy to see you, Ghost." I blurted out, "I am happy to see you too." He looked down at me, "I'm sorry if it doesn't look like that, but I am very tired."

"Go get some rest." I said before walking back inside, quickly joining Anna and the rest of my team, "He watched you walk away as if he wanted to tell you something." Anna whispered.

"Probably to cook something for them to eat later." I shrugged my shoulders and she laughed, "Oh girl, you have him wrapped around your finger."

"Who, Ghost?", Sarah joined in on our conversation, "Yep." Anna rolled her eyes, "If that was the case, I would at least expected a hug." Sarah snorted, she likes Ghost. She's always talking about him and how she thinks he is so good in bed.

"You can have him." I shrugged again, I don't really care, I'm just glad he's alive and well. "Oh, I will." She smirked before walking away.

"God, she's stupid." Anna said while we were walking back to our office, "Oh c'mon, she's just in love." I said and Anna started laughing again, "That poor bastard, I hope he can see through her nonsense."

"We'll see."

+

The boys are all sleeping in their rooms and I couldn't be happier. No more sleepless nights, no more anxiety. Until the next mission, of course... I sat on my bed while taking my socks off, I can't wait to lay down.

Just as I turned off my phone, I saw someone walk past my room. "Leia, where do we keep the cleaning stuff and fresh sheets?" Ghost showed up at my door and I jumped.

"Why do you need the 'cleaning stuff' and fresh sheets?" I narrowed my eyes at him, "I was cleaning my riffle and got dirt all over the bed and... I'm sorry, I know you just changed the sheets today." Is he this polite because he's tired? Because if that's the case, we should never let him sleep again.

"I'll go change it." I stood up from the bed and walked past him right into his room, I opened the closet and took out some fresh sheets.

"I'm sorry, I don't usually make this kind of a mess." He mumbles while watching me, "Why were you cleaning your riffle at midnight?" I ask, and he sighs.

"I can't sleep." He says, "I am so tired, but everytime I close my eyes, I see Gaz fighting for his life." This overtired Ghost loves to share things with me, I appreciate it for a change.

"All done." I say while grabbing the dirty sheets off the floor, "Can you leave the door open?" He asks and I nod, leaving the room to throw the dirty sheets into a laundry basket.

"Good night." I stop by Ghost's room once more, "Good night, and thank you." He looks up at me while laying down on the bed, "No problem." I smile at him and he closes his eyes, well, that's my cue.

I walked back to my room and finally jumped on the bed, covering myself with my fuzzy blanket. Thank you God for bringing them back, I almost lost my faith in you. I hope they will overcome their fears and PTSD from the mission, it's always hard for the first few weeks.

I'm finally happy.