Chapter 13

Simon "Ghost" Riley

"You and Leia had a fight again?" Soap sat beside me and I nodded, "As per usual.", "Is it because of me?" He asked, "It's because she wants to be with me and I keep letting her down." I shrugged, is this hard for me? Yes it is.

"And you keep letting her down because I asked you too." He sighed, "Kind of, I know I'm no good for her." , "Listen, you decide, okay? If you think you can make something work, then I'm not going to stand in your way. She's a grown woman and she can be with whoever she wants."

"Johnny, I'm scared of relationships, attachments, commitment." I quietly said, "But you and your ex made it work." He looks at me, "We made it work because we were friends who occasionally had sex and I proposed to her because I thought that was my only chance at normal life."

"I like Leia, and I'm scared I'm going to hurt her. I'm scared I'm not going to come back from a mission and that she'll be devastated. I'm scared she'll find someone better when I'm not around for months." Soap is the only person in this world that I can talk to about my feelings ,I trust him with my life.

"You know she won't, she would never find someone else while you're not here. She watched mama wait for dad everytime, she grew up in this kind of situation." he said, "I know, but I want her to have a normal life, with someone who has a normal job and a normal future."

"And what about you, Simon? You want to be alone for the rest of you life?" That's a good question, Soap. "No, I don't, but what girl can actually put up with me? I flinch at every touch, I have nightmares, I dissociate quite often." I sighed, as I said before, it's very tairing to love me.

"You do what's best for the both of you, and I'll respect your decision." He smiled and I nodded, not really knowing yet what I'm supposed to do. I hurt her again this morning and I'm so mad at myself, I need to go to the gym and blow off some steam.

+

Leia MacTavish

Five days later

"I told you a thousand times, If I leave you the papers you need to sign-" I immediately stopped talking when I saw a female recruit in Ghost's office. "I'm sorry, I forgot." He quickly signed the papers while she was eyeing me up and down.

"Thank you, and sorry for interrupting." I took the papers from his hand, "You're not interrupting." He looked up at me and I rolled my eyes, "Sure." I said before heading back to the elevator.

"Leia!" Ghost ran up to me, "What?" I looked up to him, "Why do you think you were interrupting something?" He asked and I laughed, "Since when do you have female recruits in your office?"

"I have to have one on one with any of the recruits once a month." Oh, he's scared, I can see it in his eyes, "Whatever." I nervously tapped my foot while waiting for the fucking elevator, "Do I look like someone that fools around with recruits in my office?"

"I don't know, do you? C'mon honestly, have you fucked her? Have you kissed her?" Am I jelaous? Am I acting irrational? Yes I am, but I can't help myself. "No I haven't." His tone is cold and angry, "Why? She's not your type?" I know I shouldn't test him, but jelaousy got the best of me.

"No, stop it Leia." He shook his head, "How many have you fucked since you kissed me?", "None, Leia." He sighed and the elevator finally came, "Mhm." I scoffed before going in and pressing the button for the third floor, "You don't believe me?" He got in too and blocked the door from closing, "No, I do not."

"Why?" He towered over me, "I don't know." I don't want to look up at him, because I know he's not like that, I'm just jelaous out of my mind.

"You know why I don't do that? Because I have you waiting for me everyday at your office to finish work, pick you up and drive you home." He spat at me.

"Think about that!" He stomped away, ans the elevator door finally closed. Yep, I pissed him off again, and I know I'm acting like a brat but he hasn't said a word to me in five days, not even on a ride home. I'm sad and I'm angry... and disappointed.

I am clearly not good enough for him.