Who Are You?

You wake up in a room.

Perception: you can feel your arms again. Or something that feels like an arm. You suddenly hear a voice.

Woman:"sunrise, parabellum." She spoke in a soft French accent.

You lift up your arm and see that they both have been replaced. You look over and see a woman sitting in a chair next to you.

Woman (perception): she looks about as young as you. Her hair was long and snow white and her skin was brown but slightly pale. There's something so familiar about her but you can't figure out why.

Woman:"I see you kept my jacket."

You:"your jacket?"

Woman:"the samurai jacket you're wearing. Don't you remember? You bought it for my birthday when we were teenagers."

You:"no sorry."

Woman:"do you even remember my name?"

You:"no."

Maria:"I'm Maria Dubois. Your ex fiance."

You:"you're Maria. I'm sorry for everything I did before."

Maria:"I know you're sorry. But I can't forgive you."

You get up.

You:"do you want your jacket back?"

Maria:"just keep it. I don't care anymore."

You stand up and leave her apartment.

Volition: are you okay?

You: I don't know. I have never met her before but I still feel the pain of hurt her.

Volition: maybe a remnant of your past still lingers in your mind. If you try maybe you can remember everything that happened before.

You: I don't want to remember who I was. I just want to move on from it.

Volition: you can't run from the past. It's best to know what you did so you don't do it again.

You: I wish you could. Run from the past I mean.

Volition: why?

You: sometimes the past should be the past. I'm not the person who I was before so why should I have to know who I was.

Volition: but how can you grow if you don't acknowledge who you were?

You: maybe I just don't want to grow.

Volition: stagnation of one's self can lead to your downfall.

You: I don't want to have this conversation.

You walk on to a footbridge and lean on the railing.

Perception: this city at night is blinding. The neon lights contrast with the darkness of the city.

Maria:"do you know why we became detectives?"

You look to your left and see Maria.

Maria: she's wearing a dark green leather trenchcoat with a shearling collar.