Where It All Began

The detective was angry and took it out on the voice. "Why do you torture me like this?!" The voice replied "We aren't torturing you. We're simply showing you the truth. You caused this to happen. You gave into your desires and it led you here." The detective sighed. "What's next?" The voice audible smiled. "This is the last one. We're showing you the last job you ever went on. Before your amnesia of course." The detective got mad. "What are you talking about?! I already know how that went?!"

The voice replied, "you may know how it went, but there's something special you had forgotten about."

"That being?" The detective asked.

"Just watch."

"Okay." The detective said.

He walked towards another door and went inside.

Second person

You were at your desk barely waking up from the stupor you drank yourself into.

Perception: the desk littered with cigarette butts, old bottles of alcohol, and a few drug containers.

Volition: another day, another day lost to the bottle.

You: shut up. It's the only thing that helps me heal.

Volition: you might be confusing healing with numbing.

You: I don't need to take this from you.

Volition: these are just the consequences of your actions.

You: so getting my shit pushed in by a hit squad that Maria sent is part of that?

Volition: yes.

You: I want another drink.

You reached for a bottle and took a drink from it.

You:"fuck!"

Volition: what is it?

You: empty.

Volition: how about you stop wallowing in self pity and do something.

You: I'll get some.

You get up and walk to the door. You opened the door and saw a woman standing there.

Woman:"are you the detective?"

You:"depends on what you want."

Woman:"I need your help."

You: I'm going to kick her out.

Volition: no. This could be a chance to redeem yourself.

You: what if I don't want to?

Volition: I don't think you have a choice. She looks desperate and you're probably the only person in the city to help her.

You: fine. "Come in."

You walk back in and she follows you in.

You(empathy):"pardon the mess."

You sit down and the woman stayed standing.

Woman:"I need your help."

You:"what is it?"

Woman:"I need you to find a person."

You:"who is it?"

Woman:"my husband, Jacob."

You:"what can you tell me about him?

Woman:"he worked for arasaka for programming things for them. One day he came home and he looked...scared. He was quickly packing his things and when I tried to talk to him, he would just brush me off."