One Bad Day

The detective was in the void again. "What's next?" The detective asked the voice. "I have a question for you. How many days does it take to ruin a life?" The detective was confused and shouted out a random answer. "One I guess?"
"Correct!" The voice replied. "it only takes one bad day to ruin ones entire life. Let's take you back to the day that ruined your entire life. At this point you already started you detective business with Maria, became really close friends with her cousins, proposed to her, and you're planning on having a baby. From the looks of it, life seemed to only be going up," the detective looked down in despair. "I don't like where this is going," "you won't," the voice replied. "while you were a private detective, you had to work solo as Maria was pregnant and you didn't want her to get hurt on a job. You your business wasn't doing so well at the time so you decided to help Carlos on a mercenary gig,"

"One more thing, what were those other voices talking to me?" The voice replied back. "Those were the voices that led you down the path you're on now. Now get going and see the next memory,"
The detective walked towards the door and opened it.

Second person

You entered your room and walked towards your bed.

You:"good morning Maria."

She rolled to her side and sat up.

Maria:"what time is it?"

You:"about 7 in the morning."

Maria:"should I wake up?"

You:"no. Rest a little longer. Have you told your parents about our engagement and their granddaughter?"

Maria:"no. Not yet. I was planning on having both of us tell them."

You:"how about tonight? We're going over there for dinner right?"

Maria:"sure. I hope it won't be too obvious I'm pregnant?"

(y/n):"it's fine."

You grab your coat and your hat.

Maria: she looks at you confused. "Going anywhere?"

You:"I'm going on a job with Carlos, Artyom, and Catherine."

Maria:"I don't like you being with Catherine."

You(deception):"we just work together. Nothing more."

Volition: why do you keep your relations Catherine?

Lust: quiet you. This is just until Gabriella is born. Then we'll break it off and he will continue banging his wife.

Volition: pig.

Lust: hey we wanted to marry her for her body! Especially after she finished with puberty.

Empathy: I thought we proposed to her because we've been together through everything. When we almost died, when we almost went bankrupt...

Lust: don't kid yourself. We did it for her body.

You: let's say it was because of both of them and move on.

Volition: you've been listening to those voices more often. Not to us.

You: it's fine. Nothing bad is going to happen. Once Gabriella is born, I'll straighten up and start listening to you more.

Volition: listen, you're going to be a father in your 20s. Something most people wouldn't be. You need to mature faster than anyone else if you want to take care of your wife and your new daughter.

You: it's fine.

You walk to the bed and give Maria a small kiss.

Maria:"stay safe."