Sunrise, Parabellum

You awaken in an apartment

Perception: you reeks of blood, have a headache, and a sharp pain in your gut.

Visual calculus: the pain in your head is possibly blunt force trama and the sharp pain is possible a stabbing. The pain curving means the knife was possibly a karambit.

You stand up with your head throbbing in pain.

Pain threshold: what are you a baby? You can take it.

You take a look around the room and see two corpses lying there.

Perception: they don't smell. They haven't been rotting so you haven't been out for ever.

You turn around and see a large window over looking the city.

Perception: look 2 bullet holes on the window .

Visual calculus: the bullets appear on the far right and left. The trajectory for bullet on the left appears to come from the corpse on the right while the one on the right comes from the one on the left.

You walk to the corpse on the left when the radio clicked on.

Radio: "good morning night City! Today is November 9th 2076. Right now we are going to be playing some oldies music. I know I know it's not what we usually play but I wanted to do something special for today so enjoy the music."

the song dancing queen begins to play.

You: I think I remember this song.

Radio: You begin to sing along. Even though this is possibly the first time you're hear this you sing as if you already knew the words.

Volition: we need to stop singing for now and focus on the job a hand.

Logic: he's right. Every second we waste the killer gets further away.

You go near the corpse on the left.

Visual calculus: the hand on the body appears to have been holding something. By the shape it appeared to be a gun.

Perception: look, two bullet casings.

You look at the corpse and see a hole on the back of its head.

Visual calculus: it appears that the victim suffers massive blunt trama to the back of the skull. It appears to be the size of your fist but you should test to be sure.

You decide to make a fist and place it in the hole and it's almost a perfect match.

You: why would I do this?

Volition: they had guns. You were possibly defending yourself.

You: how do I know I'm not a killer.

Perception: look at how they are dressed in fancy suits.

Logic: they could've been mobsters sent to kill you.

You: why would the mob want me dead?

Logic: I don't know.

Visual calculus: let's check the other body. Maybe we can find more clues.

You move to the next corpse.

Visual calculus: hold on, his cause of death is different to the other.

Perception: look, he has a bullet entry wound on his temple. It looks clean to.

Visual calculus: look at the trajectory of where both the bullets came from. both seem to meet. And they missed. It takes a bullet .002 seconds for a bullet to leave a gun's barrel.