☼ Everyone Has Fears ☼

Episode: Horrificator
Word count: 6225
Key:
• Y/N - Your Name
First Person:

☲✧

"Agent Smith, it's too dangerous. We must evacuate!"

"You're suggesting we run, Officer Jones? After it devoured my family, my friends, even my beloved dog, Sniffles?" Mylène recites to Adrien. "Never! I won't run! I no longer fear it!"

She stands up, holding the toy gun, and faces Nino recording.

Mylène continues, "I'm going to face it, then I'll..."

Suddenly, Mylène shrieks as Ivan pop around the corner dresses in a monster costume.

"Cut!" Nino yells, stopping the recording.

Mylène runs away, hiding under Miss Bustier's desk.

"Sorry, Mylène," Ivan says as he takes off the costume.

"Mylène, that's, like, the tenth take, and we're only on the first scene," Nino ridicules her.

The girl slides out from under the desk and pokes her head up.

"Fourteenth, actually. But who's counting?" Alix says, holding up the clapboard.

Nino groans.

Mylène mumbles, "I'm sorry." She looks around at everyone, "I'm gonna do better on the next take, I promise."

When she looks at me, I nod and give her a smile.

Nino, though, shakes his head, seeing what Mylène said as an empty promise.

"Anyone want some tea?" Rose says, trying to break the tension that was forming.

Nino ignores her and turns back to Mylène. "You're playing a hero from the Special Forces. You're not supposed to get all freaked out."

"I know, but...that monster mask he's wearing is so realistic and scary."

"Just big old me, Mylène," Ivan points to himself. "Nothing to be scared of."

"You ask me, he doesn't even need a mask," Chloé comments to Sabrina. They both laugh, and I only stare at Chloé.

Alya puts her hand on my shoulder, so I look away from them and to her and Marinette.

"What a bratty snob," Marinette comments on Chloé.

Alya nods, and I wish I could too without getting in trouble from my parents.

"Ivan, put the mask back on. You're playing a monster," Nino says. "And, Mylène, we need you to stay in character."

Ivan nods, putting the mask back on.

Mylène jumps back as she glances from Ivan back to Nino. "Oh, I need to sing my happy song. It always makes me feel better."

She takes a breath and starts backing away as she sings, "♫* Smelly wolf, smelly wolf. Stinky breath and slimy...*♫"