14

Doctor waters re entered the room after he had retrieved the requested footage from the security team. They were hesitant as it was against the hospital policy to share footage with third parties however after a friendly nudge from officer Canden Vance they soon emailed over the needed segment.

The doctor was stunned by the silence and confused by the empty room.
Thank was until he heard a relieved sigh coming from the bathroom.

He approached the open door and knocked gently before entering.

"Shh, she's just fallen asleep." The psychologist warns as the doctor enters the room fully.

"Sorry, I just wanted to tell you I have emailed over the footage."

"Right, thank you."

"Are we able to discuss what's next, medically?"

"Yes that's fine, let's keep quiet though, she was quite upset." Zareya scowled at the man.
Although it was not his doing, he stood back and watched as the poor child was held down.

The two discussed the next step for sienna.
She needed surgery on her wound, the infection was deep into the tissue and was potentially causing internal problems. She also needed her arm to be reset but the doctor thought to wait on that as the girl seemed to have full use of it.

"I don't like the idea of her having surgery. I mean you saw how she was. What happens if when she wakes up she panics and rips the stitches?"

"I understand your concern however it is necessary. The wound looks incredibly painful, which I'm sure you have seen, and it's in her best interest that we do operate. We will be keeping her in for a good while anyway so I was thinking we could give her a light sedative, just enough to make her drowsy everyday so she wouldn't rip the stitches as you said." The doctor explains.

Is he serious, Zareya thought to herself.

"Absolutely not. I will not allow you to drug her daily, not only is she just a small child, she has years of trauma and limited movement as it is. Having her sedated is just as bad as having her put in restraints."

"I see, well she seems calm enough when you're around, perhaps you could stay with her. We'll set up a bed for you to stay throughout her stay here. I understand that it is not practical giving your job and that you live in another country but if I could speak with your bosses we could maybe get you some type of transfer."

"Hmm, even if that was manageable I can't say that she will always be this calm with me, something could set her off."

"Well I'll see what I can do." The doctor says before leaving the room and going to make a few calls.

Not long after the doctor leaves the room sienna begins to wake up.

She sits up slowly and looks at the psychologist. She stares into her eyes.
Slowly she moves one of her hands to touch the woman's cheek, and then the other follows soon after.

Sienna had never seen a person up this close before. Not even her uncle Sebastian.
When he got too close she would close her eyes.

Not wanting to think about bad sienna focused on the woman's mouth which was turned up into a big smile and moving as she spoke.

"Well hello, doing any better now sweet girl?"

Although the girl didn't know what was being said she hummed in response before removing her hands from the woman's face and burying her face into her neck instead.

Turning her head to the side she noticed the little bottle and immediately reaches for it.
"What do you want darling?"

Getting no response Zareya followed the girls line of sight and saw the bubbles. She stood up to retrieve the item before sitting back down.

She began to blow the bubbles and similarly to last time would emphasise on the words each time she said pop. Sienna picked this up and again open and closed her mouth, making little 'p' sounds.

"Ah so you do remember. You're just showing off now little missy." Zareya laughed in delight as she watched the girl enjoying the bubbles.

She noticed as she was blowing them that sienna had curled her hands tightly into fists and each time a new set of bubbles were blown she would shake slightly. She would have to remember to record that later on.

The moment of happiness was quickly deflated when doctor waters re entered the room.

Sienna did not like him. He didn't help her. He was bad.

"So I spoke to your boss, he has given you three months of flexible leave so you can go back when you're ready to. Although it's noted as leave, you will still be payed and will be labelled as working under one of the best branches of psychologists in this country."

"Right, thank you for that. Did you change your mind on the surgery?"

"Well as I said it is in her best interest to make sure there's no internal damage however that is most likely the case with how nasty the injury is looking. We have her labelled as an emergent case and want to get started on her some time tonight. We have a team prepared, we just have to prepare her but I though it would be best to talk you through everything and have you do it where possible."

Zareya looks to the child who was watching the bubbles that were just blown before sighing. The surgery needed to happen either way.

"Fine, what do I do first."

It takes roughly 30 minutes and lots of reassuring words to get sienna prepared for her surgery. They managed to weigh her and get her in a gown, the area was marked out and an IV was fitted. They would have to do the rest once she was sedated.

Sienna was cuddled into Zareya, with her new elephant held tight in her grip.

"I'm administering the sedative now."

A couple of minutes pass with the little girl struggling to stay awake.

"Calm down darling, I know, I'm sorry. Don't fight it. There you go, good girl." Zareya whispers whilst stroking the girls head, taking note of her slow blinks. "I'll be here when you wake up, you'll be okay sweet girl."

When sienna's eyes finally close, Zareya places a gentle kiss to the girls forehead before laying her gently in the bed.