Chapter 16: Floor Sixteen

Valor had never harvested so much Elemental Magic in his life

Valor had never harvested so much Elemental Magic in his life. He grinned when he looked down at both hands. On his right palm were glowing Air and Water tattoos, and on his left were Fire and Earth tattoos.

I need more to share with my friends.

The Casmerahn lad put his fingerless gloves back on and scoured the closet space thoroughly for more Elemental Magic. After making sure there was nothing left he exited, walking beneath the beating heart of the Blood Oak forest as he did. He gazed up at the faces of Adonia and Amraphael jutting out of the bloody beating organ and noticed their eyes were still following his every move.

That will always be creepy.

Valor studied the portal drawn in chalk beneath his feet, his lips pursed together.

I'm sure Moiya, Rhys and Jacquelle can help me figure out how to open it and get to wherever Soraya and Jonathan are.

The Casmerahn pondered over Adonia and Amraphael's warning about Vega being from another world as he strolled towards the elevator.

If there really are other dimensions out there then I wonder what other kinds of Magic systems exist, if there are any.

Valor walked back down the long narrow hallway, his teeth clenched together as he watched the many Blood Oak veins weaving in and out of the walls pulsate simultaneously.

When I get back to the surface I need to figure out how to get more Magic and escape without being noticed.

At long last the Casmerahn lad entered the elevator. He looked at the two different panels embedded into the wall. The buttons for public use only had floors one through ten available while the other could reach from the basement to floor sixteen.

Valor studied the key still embedded into the wall, his fingers gently touching the brass handle.

Vega unlocked the bottom panel with this. It has more options, so I should explore with it.

The Casmerahn lad promptly pressed the ground floor button on the unlocked panel. The room shook then rose, making its way back towards the surface of the island.

I don't even know the proper layout of this MagiCorp facility...

A silly idea entered his head, one that caused a small smile to grow on his face.

Should I tell the guards that Vega wanted to speak with Jonathan and Soraya alone and I was told to go back to the entrance and wait for their return?

Valor looked down at his gloved hands, his fingers curling into fists.

Hopefully I won't run into anyone at all.

The room eventually slowed down to a crawl, then stopped moving entirely. The double doors slid into the walls, allowing Valor to cautiously poke his head out. It was the same large room from before. The air was still and silent like a graveyard.